Puig frame sliders

DMP84

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all, I went to the dealer today to get my sliders installed. I provided the sliders and one of the bolts was longer than the other, according to the instructions the longer one should go on the left side. When I got my bike back I asked the guy if he realized if one was longer than the other and he actually said "no, but they are on tight." : / So I don't know if I am worried for nothing but would he be able to install them if he put the longer one on the right side?

Thanks for any input.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got those sliders, but honestly, it's been so long since I installed them, I can't remember which bolt went where, but one would assume if the directions say it goes on the left then that's where it should be. This is easy enough to check, though.

The bigger question here is...you took your bike to the dealer to have frame sliders installed? You were having something else done, right? A service of some sort, other than the sliders?

One would assume they charged you at least an hour's worth of time if that's all they were doing was installing the sliders (around here, that's $65). Tell me you were having some other service done, or else you just donated unneeded money to the dealer.

Mexi-can't

Biker dude
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm curious what they charged you for the install. All you needed was an 8mm allen and about 5 minutes time. If I remember from my last slider install, the longer bolt won't thread in on the shorter side anyway. So if it's in and tight you should be good.

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
Always, always, always do the little stuff yourself. If you're unsure, then come to this forum and you will find a how to on it. If not, all you have to do is ask. There's so much knowledge on here it's like have your own mechanic at your finger tips.

DMP84

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I actually did only go for the sliders. I paid cash $20 I guess for them it was under the table. I read it was a good idea to use a torque wrench I don't know anyone that has one so for $20 I assumed it was ok.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow. That's unusual for them to only charge you $20, but that was a good idea if you wanted them torqued to spec and didn't have one yourself. Hey, if it made you feel better to have them do it, then I guess it's money well spent, right? :thumbup:

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm lucky enough to have a cousin that works at a local Honda shop. If I feel like dropping his name, I can get a discount. All I've had them do was install the tires for my Bandit after I had the rims off. I didn't feel like buying the proper tools. Plus I have no way to balance them. :)

Before I realized I could just drop his name, I had them balance a tire as well. It was early, and the service manager was cool. He just let me tip the guy doing it. Sometimes you run across some cool peeps. That's what it's supposed to be about, eh? Lookin out for one another and all.

farish

The Beast™
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, i was wondering.. Where can i get the plastic thingy with the word "Fazer " on it? As in that wrong thingy that is fitted onto the slider.

Mine dropped off some time back :(

bcampana

Reaction score
Visit site
I had puig sliders in. If I remember correctly one of them juts out a bit after being installed. If you're really worried about it I'd just reinstall them. I know it would be a waste of your service fee but at least you'd feel better about them. I had the unfortunate opportunity of testing them out this week during a lowside. Worked perfectly except for scratches on the passenger rail. Bolt barely bent and came off with no problem. Ordering a replacement soon.