Puig Double Double VS '08 Stock

Todd08

Molly and Jacks Dad
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I decided to compare the Puig double bubble that I Installed a couple of weeks ago with the stock windscreen. Scientifcally all variables were the same:

1. same day
2. Back to back rides
3. same road
4. same speed (75- 80 mph)
5. same conditions (no wind slightly overcast and humid)
6. same helmet

At 6'2" I found the head turbulance, and overall body wind to be a lot better with the Puig. The wind noise was about the same, but I usually ride with an i-pod and my Fulmer helmet sucks.:( The biggest difference I found was the amount of wind that hit my chin and shoulders. With the Puig I had no wind under my chin and around my neck and shoulders. The Stock really beat me up under the chin, around the neck and over the shoulders. In the south (North Carolina) we really have alot of bugs, and with the Puig the only bugs I hit were on the face shield, and with the stock I took a lot of hits to the neck (none with the Puig). All in all I think my height makes the biggest difference between the windscreens. I decided to stick with the Puig, but I will say that I think the stock windscreen looks just as good. I only wish that I could find a screen that works just a good that was a little lower.

maybe its just me that has problems with the puig :( ... i congratulate you on your new mod though! i hope that it continues to work as well as it is now. i am still totally in love with my cut down stocker since switching from the puig...best of luck to you!

I was thinking of getting the puig racing double boble, but it seems to stick up too high. How much hight would you say it is than stock?

I would say about 2 1/2 to 3 inches. The double bubble also makes it pitch outward more. In truth the stock, if it were darker does look better, but the ride quality if the puig is very good.:thumbup:
I was thinking of getting the puig racing double boble, but it seems to stick up too high. How much hight would you say it is than stock?

I don`t know if you have looked at my "2006 windscreen mod thread" do a search and you will find it.
It does not help the bug problem but it certainly helps the turbulance problem. Quite a few guys have done the mod now and every comment I have read has been positive.
TOWA has also done a thread about cutting his Puig down so look for that as well.

Steve

Like I've stated in numerous threads before : I have a 07 Fazer, I'm 6'3 and the Puig is never coming off again! It's a whole different experience.

If you tint it, make sure to put the tint on the inside. A guy at out local shop tinted his stock on the outside and did a crapy job. The tint wound up over his face shield at 70 mph.

:rof::rof::rof:............Arr Uhm.....I mean, gosh that is terrible.

Back