Puig Double Bubble

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know this is a Puig double bubble, dark smoke but is it a racing or touring double bubble?

They also do it in light smoke but can you get a clear one.

If you can get a clear doeas anyone have a pic of it on their bike you could post.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's my Puig light smoke "double bubble" racing screen.

Puig-1.jpg

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Where did you buy it and do you have a part number for it. Also does the FZ6 logo come with it or did you add it?

Steve

Bought from Kevin at Bayside Performance (google the name). I don't have a part number, but it'll probably be on the bag that it came in. It's at my son's house with my OEM screen in it. I'll get it for you tomorrow.
Yes, the FZ6 logo is on the screen from Puig, along with a myriad of warning stickers.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
how big of a difference did it make over the stock screen for helmet turbulance

I'm not feeling as much turbulence on my body, but the wind buffeting on my helmet is pretty much the same as with the OEM screen. What is an unexpected bonus is I do believe my bike's more stable at higher speeds with the Puig screen.
The improved appearance alone is worth the $80 or $90 .:thumbup:

H

HavBlue

how big of a difference did it make over the stock screen for helmet turbulance

OK, this will be relative to 2 different helmets used on the bike with the stock screen and with the double in both the tucked and upright position at 100mph and a steady state operation. The helmets used were the FF CL-14 and CS-10 HJC models.

Upright w/stock screen: CL-14 had observable force/buffet in the face forward position and substantial pull looking right or left. CS-10 similar but reduced due in part to overall helmet size and shape.

Tucked w/stock screen: Turbulence still there in both cases but to a much lesser degree.

Upright Puig double bubble: Little or no buffet or observable turbulence in the forward position and very little pull looking right or left.

Tucked w/Puig double bubble: No turbulence at all and the helmets felt like they were locked in the wind stream for a very comfortable ride.

At $70.00usd I would go for it again in a heartbeat.....

Hope this helps..
Charlie

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, the Puig screen is very dark on the bottom 3rd....and that's how the OEM screen should have been. It looks terrific. :)
I'm not crazy about the stylized FZ6 logo, but I'm getting used to it.