PS3 online users - HACKER alert....

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been wondering why the network was down.

I've never purchased anything through the PSN so I can't remember if they have card information or not.

Taku

Not a senile member.
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah it has been down since the last Wednesday due to an "external intrusion".

Good thing I only used those prepaid PSN cards for buying stuff online.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been telling people for years to use the pre paid PSN cards to buy anything on the PS3 ...... I reckon I don't seem so paranoid now do I !! :BLAA:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been telling people for years to use the pre paid PSN cards to buy anything on the PS3 ...... I reckon I don't seem so paranoid now do I !! :BLAA:
I won't buy anything online from PSN again. I can't get the content that I have already paid for. PS say its because of my backwards internet speed and will not refund me the money either.
I have written several e-mails and spent way to much € on the telephone trying to recoup €17.00.

Nelly

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Old news...my sin told me' 2 days agonthat it had been hacked! Can't beat a 12 year old for the inside info!!!!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw that on the news, the trouble is that you cannot remove your card details without logging in.
Fortunately the card I used on that network was stolen and canceled.

Nelly

Yeah. Best thing is if you have a card number with them cancel the card and get a new one re-issued....

:Flash::Flash::Flash:Anyone that has card info with them should do this now!!!!:Flash::Flash::Flash:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah. Best thing is if you have a card number with them cancel the card and get a new one re-issued....

:Flash::Flash::Flash:Anyone that has card info with them should do this now!!!!:Flash::Flash::Flash:

We did this 36 hours ago, when my 12 year old realized that regardless of sony's inability to inform their clients they were in danger, that we were in danger! Sony....you bastards! Why didn't you let your customers know earlier???? Marketing!!! That sucks!

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Old news...my sin told me' 2 days agonthat it had been hacked! Can't beat a 12 year old for the inside info!!!!
LOL .... The computer savy kids are exactly why i never put my bankcard info into a game system.... I knew they would figure out a way to get inside its brain eventualy !!! :BLAA: thats why i buy the pre pay PSN cards from Wal-mart when I need to buy the new Map packs for my games and I have my entire online clan doing the same after they heard enough of my paranoid ranting so The BB$ clan is ready to get back to work as soon as the Network is back online !! :rockon: :Flash:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL .... The computer savy kids are exactly why i never put my bankcard info into a game system.... I knew they would figure out a way to get inside its brain eventualy !!! :BLAA: thats why i buy the pre pay PSN cards from Wal-mart when I need to buy the new Map packs for my games and I have my entire online clan doing the same after they heard enough of my paranoid ranting so The BB$ clan is ready to get back to work as soon as the Network is back online !! :rockon: :Flash:

Yeah, you can never be too careful...my son was given the "scoop" by an 11 year old on facebook....you gotta wonder about when this generation gets to the age where they are angry enough to actually get involved, what they will actually do...the geriatric leaders of this world will be 10 steps behind them, no matter what...

BTW, please excuse my grammar in previous post.....it's not my fault, it's my internet providers fault...interrupted connection due to low signal....in other words, i am not with the government backed network in Australia.....dodgy!

:(

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, it was in the news last week that hackers had brought down the system.

Just took Sony a while to tell us all about the credit card detail.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
you gotta wonder about when this generation gets to the age where they are angry enough to actually get involved, what they will actually do...the geriatric leaders of this world will be 10 steps behind them, no matter what
I have theories about the havok they will reak upon ( our Blood sucking Goverments and their Super Rich owners) of our world..... I'm smelling a major shift in Power on the wind.... Like it has been said many times before "I'ts gonna get alot worse before it gets better" :rockon:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's bad enough that Sony got hacked, I'm less peeved about that(I mean, everyone gets hacked these days) than the fact that our data was not encrypted... I mean, really? Really Sony? Even after GeoHotz and whoever else pointed it out a few months ago? C'mon.

All of the credit card details were stored in plain text, no encryption at all. I'm glad I never used a CC on there, thats for sure.

Identity theft is the other big concern. I checked my emails, and I used my real name and address when I joined up (I know... Stupid Aussie...lol). Along with date of birth and email address, a criminal can go a long way with that info.

Not expecting it personally, after all, they got the info of over 70 Million people, but it is a possibility.

:rockon:

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
yep, this is almost certainly retribution for the lawsuit against GeoHot,
he that hacked the PS3 firmware and allowed for 3rd party OS to be loaded,
so that copied games could be run, not that I condone hacking of any
kind but it's real short sighted for Sony to not see see this coming after
tackling a hero in the hacking community, they'd be better off with the
dude on payroll

btw: I became read-up on this topic after trying to (legally) update my son's PS3,
the new firmware designed to prevent hacking killed the unit stone dead,
Sony is now banned from this household

PrivateCowBoy

Reaction score
Visit site
The guy that sits next to me in the office just found two 99 cents charges on his credit card and then a whopping $3000 charge on it. Y'all look out.