Prospective buyer with questions.

hamiltonfighter

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking to get a new motorcycle soon, and I have fallen in love with this bike.

However I have a some questions I would like to get answered to help with purchasing one.

- What is different about the Raven models? Just color? Do they actually denote the Raven name on the title? NADA lists the Raven model at almost $400 less than the regular FZ6 listing.

- I also read that the major changes through the model years was the fuel mapping. Is this something that can easily be changed on the older models?

Any other advise or thoughts are welcome.

Thanks,

Donnie

For the FZ6, "raven" is just "black". But it appears that you were looking at the FZ6R on the NADA site.
It does have a different listing for the Raven, but I'm not familiar with that bike, or the reasons why.

I thought raven editions had black exhausts as well. Mine did, though I rarely see other FZ6s with black stock exhausts.

For the FZ6, "raven" is just "black". But it appears that you were looking at the FZ6R on the NADA site.
It does have a different listing for the Raven, but I'm not familiar with that bike, or the reasons why.

I looked at the NADA listing and noticed my mistake. There is not a listing for the FZ6 Raven. However, they do seperate the standard FZ6R and FZ6R Raven.

I don't think titles reflect the trim packages (if you can call it that). There's nothing to indicate the trim (raven) or even color on the title. I also have a 97 M-edition Miata and there's no special indication on the title that it's special either.

:welcome:to the forum!

04 to 06 FZ6 are referred to as S-1 version.
07 and up are S-2 version.

Map change came to the S-2 and included an O2 sensor,additional CATs in the header, Different plastics up front. new designed swing arm, front discs calipers, front fender, rear sub frame. Otherwise they are pretty much alike and a great bike!
Good luck on your hunt!:)

^^Pretty much truth. No matter the year, they are all great bikes that are fun to ride, look great, and turn heads. As far as FI mapping, I've heard and read on these forums that the 06 model seems to be the most finicky. Even then, a little hand control and learning to be smooth with it goes a long way.

I will say this, there's no equal in terms of friendliness and maturity for a specific manufacturer/model bike forum. That alone should make you instantly want to empty your wallet for the next clean Fz6 you find. :D

Back