victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
^^^ good ol' kickstand switch :)
Nice pipes! sound and look really good! nice bike dude

Hollywood416

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice job man....word to the wise though on that flex pipe. Nothing wrong with it I used some of it to build part of my cat elim. but next time you have it off go ahead and spend the extra $50 and get header wrap, and the coating made for it and wrap it completly. It will start to rust a lot faster than regular pipe and seems to give off a type of resonation either due to it being so thin or the gaps because of the way it is made vibrating off itself. The wrap will protect it and seems to tighten it all up. Mine had only been on about 10 months and already had some surface rust building in the gaps so I cleaned it up and wrapped it. Looks alot better too IMHO.

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike .. sounds great. Funny with the kick stand, I can't seem to learn my lesson with the first gear shift either. Guess that's why its there, Better to get caught killing it than picking it up off the ground! :thumbup:

Hollywood416

Reaction score
Visit site
Header wrap is going on the bike in a few weeks, plus the pipes are already coated in bbq grill paint, thats why their black.:thumbup:

Good deal, yea I coated mine too and they still managed to rust up a bit. Caused me alot more cleanup when I went in to finalize the job the last few days. :thumbup:

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
The bike looks sick! Great work:thumbup:

One question though: What's your turn radius with those clip-ons? I guess it's pretty wide??

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
Well lets see... you'll need three things 1. two bolt-on exhaust tips. 2. a 20" inch piece of flex pipe. 3. MIG welder. Sorry I don't really remember how I put it together, me and my buddy where just wasting time while my car dried in the paint booth:rolleyes:.

PDodson

Reaction score
Visit site
how did your riding stance change when you put the clip ons on? it looks like in the video it didnt change all that much maybe just a little from what I can tell.....

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Well lets see... you'll need three things 1. two bolt-on exhaust tips. 2. a 20" inch piece of flex pipe. 3. MIG welder. Sorry I don't really remember how I put it together, me and my buddy where just wasting time while my car dried in the paint booth:rolleyes:.

Right on :thumbup:. I wish I was that productive when I'm waiting on something else.

ny08r6

Reaction score
Visit site
you mentioned how an 07 doesn't need a pc3..does that also apply to an 06 when straight piping it?

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome work done! You need to buy a ironman mask for fun or get a paint a helmet with the same colors, its looking pretty badass! If you get rid of the r6 clip ons let me know.

Thanks!