probably going naked sooner than i thought

armstrong89z

Reaction score
Visit site
Well yesterday, I was riding on a twisty road with my friend and hit a some dirt/rocks and the bike went out from under me. :eek: I ended up off the road which saved me from bad injuries. I lucked out and my bike has slight damage. This was the first ride since i put BD43's headlight mod in. I didnt even get to drive it at night to see the difference. :spank:

As far as injuries nothing is broke, sprained ankle and wrist. Gear saved from most of the road rash and just mainly sore as of now. :rockon:

I did search for a good paint to use to paint my engine/transmission cover that would match (See picture below) or maybe would it be better to buy the cover.

The headlight fairing is slightly torqued to the right slightly and has a crack above the left headlight. I'm thinking of going naked as i wanted to for a while now anyway. I would say I was very lucky in the accident and it happened about 300 feet from my friends house too. He walked it to his house and i picked it up this morning. The bike fired right up and my dad drove it home. :thumbup:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear that but glad to hear your for the most part ok and hope your wrist and ankle heal up fast, but ya now is a great time to get naked especially since you have wanted too for a while. I have never priced stock plastics but I imagine that the aftermarket headlight assemblys would be a good deal cheeper.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Dave in Houston

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm glad your injuries were relatively minor... god thing you were wearing your gear.

Hard to tell from the pics how bad your engine cover is. Would it be a candidate to powder coat?

Edit: Bike Bandit wants $80 for the engine cover, you'd need a gasket too. I might just do it.

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Blah.. that sucks, but glad you escaped without serious injuries.

armstrong89z

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks fro the replies :thumbup:

Dave in Houston: thanks for the cover from bike bandit, however I found the cover from Extreme powersports in flemington New Jersey for 60 and they also have the other parts i was looking to get.

http://www.partforyamaha.com/pages/...MOTORCYCLE)/CRANKCASE_COVER_1_(FZS6XBC_-_2008)

I'm curious has anyone else ordered from this website and if there trust worthy to order from?

Thanks for your help :rockon:

I forgot to mention if you change the crankcase cover do you need to watch out for something? like would anything internly move inside the engine if i change the cover?

Last edited: