Possibility of fusebox repair?

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought I'd ask here as this forum seems a little more active than TriumphRat.

I've recently had a minor electrical issue on my Sprint 1050st, that boils down to one of the fuse holders in the box being loose. As a very temporary fix, I've ended up wedging the fuse in from the back, like this:

7423d9cb494ef589036789f82b59daf6.jpg

What are my options to fix it? Is it possible to repair? Or would I have to replace the entire fusebox? If that's the case, would this be a good opportunity to fit an auxiliary fusebox, and run the circuit from that (as well as a few other planned additions)?

A link to further information:

06 ST Heated grips/AUX Circuit Help - Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Whats the problem? What does the "other side" look like?

From the hint of green, is this corrosion damage or did it melt and burn?

Yes, repair is possible. Look in the electrical section for Where did you buy electrical parts?

In the sticky first post is links to suppliers for spades and connectors. Most connectors can be removed from panels and/or fuse holders....

Share a photo of the bad side and what went wrong.

If corrosion killed this, deep cleaning to remove current damage is needed then a heavy coat of dielectric grease to protect against salt may be in order.