POLL: What LD ride is next?

What endurance riding event should I attempt?

• Great Lakes Challenge (around ALL Great Lakes in <100 hours)

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Great Lakes GOLD (around ALL Great Lakes in <50 hours)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Border-to-Border (Canada to Mexico in <36 hours)

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Border-to-Border Insanity (Canada to Mexico in <24 hours)

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Border-to-Border-to-Border (Canada to Mexico to Canada in <72 hours)

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Other / Stay home / Get a LIFE!

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I voted Border to Border in 36 hours just because it reminded me of Smokey and the Bandit :thumbup:.." It aint ever been done before , not in no rig" :D...East bound and down , loaded up and truckin' :spank:...I need a life....

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Years ago I did a run around lake Superior, and loved it. We were in no hurry and tried to see as much stuff as we could. I would recommend the lake tour, but do the 100 hour one. This way you can see some of the wonderful back roads in Northwest Wisconsin and in Eastern Minnesota. The Mississippi River valley is beautiful in spring. The Wisconsin Indian Head area has many lovely back roads that are a shame to buzz past on the Interstate. Minnesota State Hwy 61 is another beautiful road to enjoy at a leisurely pace. Make sure you stop and look at the break waters in Grand Marais MN, simply breath taking in the morning! Sven & Ole's Pizza is a must stop too.

I've been north across Superior once - a few years back. It was beautiful along the Lake.

You make a compelling argument for doing the 100-hour version. In one sense I could have some of the best of both worlds - time to stop and ride some fun roads (& sleep) and still have a chance to complete another IBA ride (which I'm addicted to for some unknown reason).

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been north across Superior once - a few years back. It was beautiful along the Lake.

You make a compelling argument for doing the 100-hour version. In one sense I could have some of the best of both worlds - time to stop and ride some fun roads (& sleep) and still have a chance to complete another IBA ride (which I'm addicted to for some unknown reason).

I would take the long run! MN 61 to 17 in Thunder bay, then follow 17 S/E and down to Sault Ste. Marie, then East to Ottawa, then a number of roads south. 17 arouond the topside of Superior is beautiful and needs time to absorb. Sounds like a lot of fun!! My butt hurts just thinking about sitting that long!:spank: