(poll) If you own Leo Vince, do you ride with db killers in or out?

The regular state of my exhaust is:

• Leo Vince, more city riding, db-killers removed.

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Leo Vince, more city riding, db-killers installed.

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Leo Vince, more highway riding, db-killers removed.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leo Vince, more highway riding, db-killers installed.

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Leo Vince, mixed city/highway, db-killers removed.

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Leo Vince, mixed city/highway, db-killers installed.

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Other exhaust brand, db-killers removed (mention the brand).

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Other exhaust brand, db-killers installed (mention the brand).

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

Corsara

Reaction score
Visit site
Just wondering what Leo Vince owners do. I installed my Leos yesterday, and they are insanely loud with the db-killers out. However, after riding a bit without and then putting them in, I kinda couldn't really hear the pipes to such a degree to enjoy them so much.... but it's loud, obnoxiously loud with them removed... what do you do? I can't make up my mind what my regular state should be.. :(

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've ridden with dB killers out exactly once, when I just got the Leos. Way too loud and obnoxious for my taste.

Pimpson

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been riding with them out for the last month. I'm used to it now, but I just wish I could get the bike to idle correctly with the db killers out.

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been riding with them out for the last month. I'm used to it now, but I just wish I could get the bike to idle correctly with the db killers out.

Turn the idle screw very slowly till it smooths out. I don't remember what side of the bike it's on, but I'm sure someone will chime in and tell you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

D

Dave.TX

I ride with them out but have no choice as I bought the bike with the pipes and they didn't come with the DB Killers. I'd like to try DB Killers to quiet it down as it's too loud for my taste but trying to find them is another story.

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
In for me. It's still pretty loud, and people even a few blocks away can hear you coming and going. I think with the db killers out it would just be too obnoxious.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I do like the sound of the Leo's without db killers but only for short period of time.

I would say 95% of my riding is done with the db killers in. Still sounds good without sounding too loud. Times when I take them out I am doing short trips. The bike sounds pretty awesome without the db killers but I fear borders a little bit as cop bait and I wouldn't want to be mistaken as a hooligan, hence the db killers stay in most of the time

Corsara

Reaction score
Visit site
I am the OP, and I just came back from my morning weekend ride. I started out with the DB killers installed. For some reason, the loudness and the sound so much resembled my stock exhaust (drilled with 7/8 holes) that I had on just until yesterday, so I couldn't stomach the fact that I paid $600+ for something that pretty much sounds the same to me as a rider...

Needless to say, I removed the DB killers and continued my ride. That said, I'd like to say that I am kinda getting used to it, and I love it! It is loud, alright, but it's not as annoying as those Harley ear-piercing sounds.

Last night before going to bed I adjusted the CO levels (procedure is described in another thread somewhere in this forum).

Impressions:

1) First of all, no backfiring whatsoever.

2) Idle is still hunting (kinda resembles v-twin sound)

3) Going 4k in 1st gear, I opened her up: the front came right up! Before installing the Leos and adjusting the CO levels, I used to do this very same thing probably tens of times on each ride---never once the front came up before! If I wanted a power wheelie before, I'd have to close throttle for a second then open it up, and only then the front would lift. Well, now it's just doing it without any tricks or anything. For me, this is true indication that the bike is more powerful! Don't know if it's the Leos or the CO or both, but it is a lion now!

Pimpson

Reaction score
Visit site
Turn the idle screw very slowly till it smooths out. I don't remember what side of the bike it's on, but I'm sure someone will chime in and tell you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
I've tried turning the idle screw, but it only smoothes out at 900ish rpms or 1450~1500rpms. Nothing in between.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have my DB killers in. I thought it was a bit too loud when I first installed my Leo Vinces with the DB killers out. It does sound pretty awesome with them out and reved up 8000rpm or more but not enought to keep them out. It's nice being able to hear the tunes on my Zune. Can't do that with them out.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on the Zune

I rode my buddies bike (GSXR 750 with some kinda loud arse exhaust on there)
Had my Zune plugged into some sonys, full blast, couldn't hear my tunes?! IMO there's a point where loud turns into noise that nobody wants to hear :spank:

soundgarden

Reaction score
Visit site

Get a tune brother, itll solve all your problems. Getting a pair of Leos definitely affects the air flow of the bike. They say that a dyno tune isnt necessary after the mod but everybody gets some decel popping as well as a rougher idle..clearly some fuel isnt burnt properly. Itll cost about 300$ around here to get a good tune but its worth it, as itll help not only with these issues but also itll smooth out your throttle control!!!

Corsara

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone, this weekend I put about 500 km of city/country riding with the Leos (DB-killers removed). I got used to the sound, and let me tell you---went on a meet up of about 100 other bikes one evening, and most of the bikes had just as loud exhausts, some even louder. I love the Leos! I'll never put this db-killers in anymore ever :)))

Here I started a new thread, where I posted two videos I made:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...ly-video-fooling-around-video.html#post438761

Cheers :)

fazed_ya

Reaction score
Visit site
I am the OP, and I just came back from my morning weekend ride. I started out with the DB killers installed. For some reason, the loudness and the sound so much resembled my stock exhaust (drilled with 7/8 holes) that I had on just until yesterday, so I couldn't stomach the fact that I paid $600+ for something that pretty much sounds the same to me as a rider...

Needless to say, I removed the DB killers and continued my ride. That said, I'd like to say that I am kinda getting used to it, and I love it! It is loud, alright, but it's not as annoying as those Harley ear-piercing sounds.

Last night before going to bed I adjusted the CO levels (procedure is described in another thread somewhere in this forum).

Impressions:

1) First of all, no backfiring whatsoever.

2) Idle is still hunting (kinda resembles v-twin sound)

3) Going 4k in 1st gear, I opened her up: the front came right up! Before installing the Leos and adjusting the CO levels, I used to do this very same thing probably tens of times on each ride---never once the front came up before! If I wanted a power wheelie before, I'd have to close throttle for a second then open it up, and only then the front would lift. Well, now it's just doing it without any tricks or anything. For me, this is true indication that the bike is more powerful! Don't know if it's the Leos or the CO or both, but it is a lion now!
Do you remember the name of that thread