Plastic Cleaners/Polish for dash?

Tallan

Reaction score
Visit site
Im curious what everyone uses to keep there dash like new on there FZ6's? Im really into keeping my stuff lookin new and not sure whats best to keep the plastic lookin new and resist sun fade. Ive used Honda brite on my motocross bikes but thats a different plastic. This is more like a car interior plastic, so should I use the same Meguirs interior car cleaner on the dash of my bike?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Im curious what everyone uses to keep there dash like new on there FZ6's? Im really into keeping my stuff lookin new and not sure whats best to keep the plastic lookin new and resist sun fade. Ive used Honda brite on my motocross bikes but thats a different plastic. This is more like a car interior plastic, so should I use the same Meguirs interior car cleaner on the dash of my bike?
On areas that require it I use a mild polish when needed and then I use ICE auto detailer. The Ice is a silicone base quick detailer that will give some UV protection but remember it's silicone and really anything you spray on your bike as apt to get on wheels and rotors so I spray on a cloth away from the bike and then apply. I like the silicone base detail also because of the lack of white residue.

Tallan

Reaction score
Visit site
So the Ice is safe for the black plastic with open pores, It will not white it out? Thanks for all the advice, much apreciated!

FizzySix

Drunken Philosopher
Reaction score
Visit site
Isn't Armor-All silicone as well? That stuff has gotten a white-ish look over time when I've used it on matte-black car parts.

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
For polished plastics use plexus, over here its big for harleys, i use it on my spa, and other plastics i use eagle one nano protectant. Ive used this on my seat, on my work van floors and steps, its like a amour all without the slip, and it doesnt attract dust like amour all.

Ruggybuggy

Reaction score
Visit site
PLEDGE Make the plastics stand out and it's cheap plus you get that nice lemon smell. :thumbup:

lemon-pledge-furniture-polish-review-21520783.jpg

Tallan

Reaction score
Visit site
I tried Plexus and I love it! A bit spendy but I dont care when it comes to the care of my bike! I cant see using anything else now that Ive tried it. PLEXUS ROCKS :rockon:

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
We have a Tap Plastics near my house. I picked up a plastic cleaner, Novus stage 1/ white bottle blue label. It's worked fine. I also use it on my face shield.

Sco

Reaction score
Visit site
I use Plexus too and yes the price has shot up over the last few years!
I also like the Mothers product line