Reaction score
Visit site
moto004.jpg

moto005.jpg

- Flat Black paint job for 20 bucks?:eek:
- Protect paint in the winter season?:D
- Peel off Dip in the spring?:cheer:
No Way........:rolleyes:

- will post more pictures and detials if you guys are interested. (yes the bike is wet)

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok I'm listening, where did you get it, how do you apply it, and what other info do you have on it

mayassa

Reaction score
Visit site
It's a truck bed liner spray, everyone does there wheels in it now. Peels right off when your done with the black color no damage at all.

fazed_ya

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been using plastidipfor years and I freaking love it super easy to use and takes some wear and tare 50points to you my good sir. I recently used plastidip to paint the part above the headlights on my faring to see if I liked it I did...... so in,spring the Fz will have eyebrows if you will. The best thing is it peels off with out any....any any damage left behind

Cameronhall

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok I'm listening, where did you get it, how do you apply it, and what other info do you have on it

Head to your local Lowes or Home Depot, in the paint isle you'll find the spray can of Plasti Dip. As far as i know it only comes in Flat Black for now. to apply just clean your surface and wipe with alcohol, no sanding or other prep required. spray on heavy coats 3 to 5 and 30 mins inbetween. you wanna stop the coat when the paint looks almost smooth and wet (which when dried is textured and has no gloss) after 4 hours its set up enought to peel off if you dont like the outcome.
enjoy

Cameronhall

Reaction score
Visit site
for anyone wanting to apply to their tank you'll need to use 5 to 8 layers if not more. were the tank meets the seat is a high stress area for jeans and pants rubbing the tank. use the extra layers for high stress areas to avoid repainting.

-i used 2.5 cans for the whole bike.
-dont bother painting the rear handle bar/tail light holder ma-bob. its the exact same color abd is an extremely high strees area. 5-8 layers if you really want to
- i removed all pieces from the bike to paint.
- when taking painters tape off WAIT until paint is fully dry!!!!!!!
- you MUST have a sharp razor for tape removale dip will try to peel with the tape, Cut and peel with care
- cleans with soap and water can withstand a pressure washer so dont be scared.
- if cleaning with micro fiber cloth or like material the texture in the paint will grab fibers from the material and them youll have to wipe it off but hand.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49lU0gSoAk8"]Plasti Dip FZ6 - YouTube[/ame] (my bike)

check out other youtube videos for reference.

Last edited:

Cameronhall

Reaction score
Visit site
It's a truck bed liner spray, everyone does there wheels in it now. Peels right off when your done with the black color no damage at all.

not as tuff/strong as bed liner, and ive never known anyone to paint bed liner on top of paint and then manage to peel it off with out destoying the paint, but if thats what you ment then yes your correct.

Last edited:

Cameronhall

Reaction score
Visit site
the only reasonable time logs ive ever seen are youtube videos of people who use it on their rims and check in ever so often. ive seen them go as long a as year with no retouching, and thats RIMS not bike parts. So id feel comfortable saying with enough coats a years time is completely feasible.
I plan on bringing the bike inside for the winter and putting some goodies on her and peeling the plasti dip off as soon as spring hit.. (going for Gold as my acc color, any ideas?)

Mynzeyes

Reaction score
Visit site
And now I know how my bike will soon become flat black. Amazing. Instead of gold accents though, I'm going with bright orange. :). Keep us updated, Cameronhall. :).