Phillips Motovision headlights

clrd_2_lnd

Reaction score
Visit site
Changed the lights finally, used Phillips Motovision, I really like them. I thought I would give them a shot because of the orange effect they are suppose to have, not sure if they have the orange effect form far away but you can see it in the headlights when you are next to the bike as you can see in the night pics, but you see white light from the riding pos., some orange effect in the first 10 ft or so on the street at night. Motovision's are bright and the beam is out in front a lot farther than stock, and the high beam is bright, hurts to look at during the day from down the street.

clrd_2_lnd

Reaction score
Visit site
You can see the orange tint on the glass, middle light is stock light. Motovision's are a lot bright than stock as you can see in the night pics, so if you are thinking of trying these lights they aren't bad, big improvement over stock.

Last edited:

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
Where did you get them, and how much were they per bulb?

I've been looking for an H4 Motovision for my snowmobile, but can't seem to find them anywhere locally.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have them on my bike and they are great. I bought mine on ebay from a seller in the UK.

Oh, and Phillips is a petroleum company, Philips makes electrical goods :spank:

t1j2f3

Reaction score
Visit site

I've been looking for an H4 Motovision for my snowmobile, but can't seem to find them anywhere locally.

You can get them from Cycle Gear for $19.99 each. I have them and they are much better than stock. If you want brighter look into HID lights.

Here is the link: PHILIPS MotoVision Light Bulb

clrd_2_lnd

Reaction score
Visit site

$19.99 each at pepboys and as stated cycle gear, not sure about the piaa bulbs but they are about half the price of the piaa, and I wouldn't think you get twice the performance.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So is this just a drop in replacement bulb? No actual wiring, cutting etc?

I got a fright when I got mine, I took out the left stock and the connection didn't match the new one.... I used some choice non-forum friendly words and came here to post my frustration. Soon I had the answer: the stocker has a connector on the back of the bulb that must be removed and put on the new bulb. No such issues with the right side.

Apart from that they are a straight swop.

REDHAWK22

aka willie
Reaction score
Visit site
What I ended up with were the Philips X-treme Power H-4 & H-7...No orange effect, really white and of course a lot, lot better than stockers.
I got 3 pcs. of the new H-7s (Craigslist) for $25.00 and 2 pcs. of the H-4 for $54.00 otd @ Carquest.
The H-7s (low beam) have the same wattage as the stock ones, but my worry is the H-4 (high beam) which is 60-67 watts (Philips X-treme Power) and the stock one is only 55-60 watts. Worried that it my fry my wires or something. Oh, by the way, I also did tcmalkers headlight mod.
Can somebody tell me if this is too much wattage or load on the electrical parts.

REDHAWK22

aka willie
Reaction score
Visit site
'and another thing, I would need to adjust the aim of the H-4 a little bit lower and the H-7 a little bit higher...just my preference. Tcmalkers mod doesn't use the high beam, just low beams.

UHcougarJohn

Reaction score
Visit site
I lile these lights too. Bought mine from cycle gear. Combine these lamps with the dual headlights mod and you will notice a huge difference at night.

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Wonder how they compare against the PIAA bulbs?

I can tell you that PIAA are the same overpriced, tinted junk that you see everywhere else. They are often just made in china stuff, with their logo on it, and a grossly inflated price tag. Take a look at the tinted cheap-o bulbs at any parts store, or on ebay, and then take a gander at the PIAA's. Heck, look at PIAA lights, and then look at the stuff made by Pilot, and you'll see it's the same cheap stuff, with a different logo. There's far better stuff, for the same, or even less cash. If anyone wants better halogen bulbs, take a look at Phillips and Hella's offerings. Keep in mind true upgraded bulbs will cost more, burn hotter and have a shorter life than OEM bulbs.

Just trying to save some people some cash, and steer them away from junk. I'll post more when I have more time(I'm at work right now).