Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Zoh noes! Scheduled for redevelopment, and it mysteriously burnt down and is going to be rebuilt, I bet that will save the owner a pretty penny.
Good to see he is taking advantage of his insurance!

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, couldn't agree more. It was a pretty average pub, but it was always packed. My preference was the pub at the top end of the shops, next to the Pizza Shop, opposite Coles. :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, couldn't agree more. It was a pretty average pub, but it was always packed. My preference was the pub at the top end of the shops, next to the Pizza Shop, opposite Coles. :D

I have been to PI many times since 1987...and I have only ever been in that pub once...it was a bit of a crap hole and normally full of the type of drop kicks I normally try to avoid at bike racing at PI!

The pubs in San Remo have always been better, nicer crowd, relaxed atmosphere.

Hopefully what they build in it's place will be a lot lot better....but being in Cowes, it will always attract some tool bags at the big race meeting's!

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been to PI many times since 1987...and I have only ever been in that pub once...it was a bit of a crap hole and normally full of the type of drop kicks I normally try to avoid at bike racing at PI!

The pubs in San Remo have always been better, nicer crowd, relaxed atmosphere.

Hopefully what they build in it's place will be a lot lot better....but being in Cowes, it will always attract some tool bags at the big race meeting's!
There's always the "nightclub" in Cowes :rof:

What a winner that one is ;)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There's always the "nightclub" in Cowes :rof:

What a winner that one is ;)

Let's just say the best thing to do at night at PI, is to get a decent meal at one of the Restaurants, watch the crazy's get ready to go nuts, then retreat to your campsite, hotel room, etc, with a few brews, bench race over a few more than a few drinks, and pass out!!!!

Makes life a lot less stressful, especially with all the cops hanging around with defect station's, breatho's, and speed trap's, to hassle anyone randomly, regardless of your behaviour...you just have to be riding a bike!

:thumbup::iconbeer::iconbeer:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on that :D

That's how we spend every night in Cowes ;)

Yep, it's the only way to fly! :rockon:

I have a nice "permanent booking" for a Cabin for the Superbikes every year...is quite relaxing, although last year, we got a bit of a crappy cabin!!!

:eek:

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah its a damn shame that pub & all its historical paraphernalia went up in flames.
I guess that means when im in PI I will have to hang out with Mikey & Jamie at the holiday park putting a dent in the Islands beer supply :(

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah its a damn shame that pub & all its historical paraphernalia went up in flames.
I guess that means when im in PI I will have to hang out with Mikey & Jamie at the holiday park putting a dent in the Islands beer supply :(

I'm hoping to be able to take my car across with a trailer next time. Will bring my bike across so as not to square off a tire. This means I'll be able to pick up beers and beams from the pub without rigmarole....esky...ice...all the requirements to make a super clod bevvy slide down a parched, dry throat.....mmmmmm:thumbup:. Also means I can take the car to the track if it's bucketting down:cheer:.

Rossi46

Reaction score
Visit site
I like to hang out with friends at the hotel at the bottom of the main street on the corner closest to the one that just burnt down :BLAA:
photo.php

It was closed for the motogp after party on the sunday night, but all you needed to do is talk italian to the security guard, wave your hands round mention a few riders name (I said we were from the Gillera 250cc team) and in we went!!
I only remember the old carpet from the 60's with so many beer soaked sections it wasnt funny!!

HHMMM the photo didnt work..