Pet Peevs? Cager behaviour?

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
this annoys me, but i'm usually through and clear within a second of it anyway. I'm talking about trying to pass a series of vehicles in staggered formation, and having one car, rather than do the terribly unsafe thing of do nothing and relax since there is no risk of collision, will accelerate quickly to within a meter or two of the car in front of him so they are almost bumper to bumper at freeway and highway speeds....

and it's not like it prevents you from getting through anyway, you just are forced to tread closer to the dashed lane divider line as you needle through.

also, typical thing of people going side by side right at the speed limit on a beautiful day with very little traffic...and get upset with you when they finallllly turn off into the other lane like you're a lunatic even though you patiently waited for like 2 minutes behind them without really getting on their bumper.

and people that don't stop at the stop line at red lights. i mean the people that stop like a car length back from the line or more. Then they meandre through the intersection like they are King Charles on parade. Seriously.....wtf....get to it, there's people behind you.

People who stop in free flow turning lanes!!

People who dont use the full length of a merging lane and instead want to get in RIGHT at the start of the merging lane and stop there, tying up traffic.

People who wont merge into a wide open lane because they want to wait for the lane BESIDE it to open up too so they can be in that lane immediately even though they dont need to be there immediately.

Last edited:

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
Around here we get the people who creep out into a lane of cross traffic from side streets/ parking lots to force them to stop and let them enter. That drives me up a fracking wall. These fools want to make a left turn from a parking lot so they will creep into the lane until traffic heading right has to stop, then continue across to force the drivers going left to stop to let them in. Screws up traffic in both directions. Tightens up the spacing and results in no gaps for the next fool who then feels forced to do the same.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Around here we get the people who creep out into a lane of cross traffic from side streets/ parking lots to force them to stop and let them enter. That drives me up a fracking wall. These fools want to make a left turn from a parking lot so they will creep into the lane until traffic heading right has to stop, then continue across to force the drivers going left to stop to let them in. Screws up traffic in both directions. Tightens up the spacing and results in no gaps for the next fool who then feels forced to do the same.

Bah!

*shakes angry fist*

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Drivers who don't turn into the nearest lane when they turn onto another street that has multiple lanes. They always swing wide, using multiple lanes to turn. Actually, that is considered illegal, as it's considered an unsafe turn.

But 99 out of 100 drivers do it all the time. Probably most of you are guilty doing it yourselves.

People are just damn lazy. That goes for not using turn signals too! Really, how hard is to turn it on and off?

shuckle

Reaction score
Visit site
My Pet Peeve is the speed limit. If it's in the country it's 80km/h, if it's in town it's 50km/h. There's no consideration for the quality of the road.

I take one back road that is in good shape you can see literally for miles and has little to no traffic, the speed limit is 80. Another road is all hilly, in bad shape and a fair number of turns -- speed limit is 80. How does that make any sense?

Oh, I also think all other drivers suck.:BLAA:

sublime0713

Gun nut
Reaction score
Visit site
To expand on what Vegas said, moving into a left turn lane then feeling like they need extra room to turn (not even u-turn!) and moving back into the lane to the right. What, do you think you're driving a freakin semi or what?! :rant:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
I hate when cagers take 3.5 minutes to change lane or merge onto a freeway or whatever... check your mirror and dead angle and make your move already! The longer you take to change lane the more dangerous and unpredictible you are.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
To expand on what Sublime was saying relating to my OP.

A double left hand turn lane onto a street that has more than two lanes.

I'm on the outside left turn lane, another car is in the inner left turn lane. Light turns green and off we go. Car will swing wide, not turning into their nearest lane and pushes me off into another lane, well not really.

That's what the Stebel is for. A nice 140 decibel ear piercing sound to put them back into the lane that they were suppose to be turning in.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Any car driver that try's to "give me a drag" at the lights! Normally in a 4 cylinder turbo, or something that they think is way faster than it actually is...

Annoying, and sometimes dangerous...especially when they get pi$$ed that you "left them for dead" without even raising a sweat!

These type of people obviously suffer from "Bike Envy"!

:D

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
You guys have tame cagers. I like the ones who make left turns from the right lane and right turns from the left lane especially when the road is five lanes across.

I also hate Prius drivers just out of principal.

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
Drivers who don't turn into the nearest lane when they turn onto another street that has multiple lanes. They always swing wide, using multiple lanes to turn. Actually, that is considered illegal, as it's considered an unsafe turn.

But 99 out of 100 drivers do it all the time. Probably most of you are guilty doing it yourselves.

People are just damn lazy. That goes for not using turn signals too! Really, how hard is to turn it on and off?

That gets me too. I can't tell you how many times I've been in the outside lane of a two lane turn and had the inside lane driver try to cut in front of me, almost hit me or beep their horn at me as I come around them and they realize that there is a car in the lane next to them.

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't stand it when people tailgate me on two lane roads where I'm going as fast as the traffic in front of me. Drives me up friggen wall. If anyone in front of me, or I have to make an emergency stop, I'll be a hood orament on your car because you are driving like a f***ing a hole.

robaho

Reaction score
Visit site
I hate it when people either try to merge into me, or when they pull out in front of me and make me test my quick stop skills.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site

I am with you VR,
I've seen some of the laziest drivers you could imagine with a disproportinate number of them in SUV's.
It's not likely I would offend many people here with that statement since bikers are generally much better drivers in cages. If I DO offend anyone here than maybe examine your driving skills, you know who you are!

Ever watch a driver cross over the double yellow line about 5 times in a mile strech? Or how about those who are too lazy to put the foot on the brake for another car making a right.. instead they put THE WHOLE CAR into opposite traffic lane
to avoid braking!! Morons!!!

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
People who fail to yield right of way when there is a sign posted beside the stop sign that clearly states "Left turning traffic has right of way"

:spank:

It's on my commute so I get to handle it daily. Also, the non-locals coming the opposing direction who think there should be a stop sign when there isn't...and stop anyway.

:spank:

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
Drivers who talk on the phone and text;
Drivers who swerve in their lanes; (makes me wonder if they are drunk)
Drivers who tailgate;
Drivers who insist on driving next to you on a two lane highway when no one is around. (makes me paranoid)
The swap lanes while turning that Vegas stated.
Those who read books, put on makeup, and do other things that should have been done before or after getting in the car.
Those who love to race up on your tail then pass you and slow down. (slower than the speed you were going in the first place)
Another is watching a car follow you though more than three turns. (Is it just me or is someone following me?) :eek:

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
One more that bugs me, I had a younger friend tell me they were taught in Drivers Ed that it is the responsibility of traffic to give room to those who want to merge onto the highway. :eek::eek:

fizz_off

Reaction score
Visit site
One more that bugs me, I had a younger friend tell me they were taught in Drivers Ed that it is the responsibility of traffic to give room to those who want to merge onto the highway. :eek::eek:

Ummmmm, he/she COULD be correct. I went through drivers ed back in the 70s and was told, and still follow similar advice - traffic should adjust their speed to allow vehicles trying to merge (note: not at a STOP sign but at a "yield/merge" sign) into the flow to do so safely. So, while your "younger friend" may not be literally correct, I believe he had the correct idea.

Over the years, I've noticed a real decline in the level of consideration we drivers/riders give to each other (not just on the road either) while using our roadways. Today, it seems drivers SPEED UP to prevent others from merging into the flow, not to mention (and this is one of my MAIN peeves), using the right lane to speed and pass. That lane is not a "passing lane". There is NO sense of "lane use" or "lane control".

BTW, having spent a month in CDL class, I guarantee you, you aint goin' to see no loaded tractor trailer stopping in a "get on" ramp and wait for traffic in the road to let them in...they're coming in and EXPECTING you to allow them to merge. Again, most all on-ramps to most high speed roads (CA - not included) say "yield" and "merge" not "STOP".

Back on thread: (another "peeve") drivers/riders not understanding or following the "right on red" concept (GRrrrrrrrr).

I wish cagers, and mcycle riders, would start driving DEFENSIVELY and not OFFENSIVEly (and the "pun" is intended LOL).

privateryan2

Reaction score
Visit site
Of all the things that annoy me with cagers the worst has got to be the guys creeping forward from stop signs and lights trying to turn either direction. It always makes me think they are gonna just jump out and disturbs my nice peaceful ride.

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site

I was taught the same thing. Around here, MA, I beleive it is the law. You must yield to merging traffic.