peoples thoughts on the fz8 after seeing one in a show room??

Fizzer600

Reaction score
Visit site
Well went and inspected an fz8 today at my local dealers.

I only bought my 09 plate FZ6 S2 last august and I was quite annoyed at the announcement of the fz8 as on paper and from the pictures I would of loved the slime green one :)

Im quite glad I did as after inspecting it im very proud of my fz6 which I think is better and has put and end to my lusting after one.

I still might keep my eye out for a set of FZ8 forks though as that’s the only piece of the bike that im jealous of lol… and I quite like the head light as it come with that little colour coded plastic trim which I think is missing from the FZ6, apart from that I think the rest of the bike is out of proportion especially the back end that’s just wrong.

Have any of you guys been to see one yet?

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was told by my local Yamaha dealer... maybe next year.

However.... in this month's issue of our best selling local magazine there is an article in the launch and the pictures are of white ones...

I WANT A NAKED WHITE ONE I WANT ONE I WANT ONE!!!!

Damn it looks hot.

Fizzer600

Reaction score
Visit site
this was actually a white one i sat on....:BLAA:

i just thought i seemed wrong looking from the back as they seemed to go cheap on the rear cluster and back end after using top parts for the rest of the bike:(

oh and im not to sure on the radiator it is huge and seems out a place against the size of the engine as that is still quite compact.

Now and FZ8 with FZ6 rear end and under seat exhaust and a 2010 R1 rear fender now that would work well

Al Theman

Reaction score
Visit site
FZ8 Fuel Tank is smaller than the FZ6, does not make sense to me with the reduced mpg. That's enough to put me off "upgrading".

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
Walked right by it at the dealer yesterday....thought it was an FZ1. After the dealer pointed it out to me, I sat on it. Felt a little cramped to me...like the FZ1....and an aftermarket pipe is a must. Was unimpressed visually. Be nice to take it for a ride. Pretty sure I won't upgrade to one. Too close to what I already have.

Hobbesca

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw one in the showroom last week, not bad but I am not sure if it is worth the upgrade. The dealer said there was some interest in it, but the FZ6R he had in the showroom had more interest according to him.

When i saw one in the flesh, so to speak the pipe is really cheesy looking, but the dealer said there isnt a after market option yet.

The bike has to look good to sell, and the FZ8 seems a little off the mark. Maybe an even uglier bike will come out next year with even less features for more money and the FZ8 will move up in the rankings

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My thoughts...that it looks just like an FZ1, but with the world's cheapest looking OEM exhaust!

:D