Paint Samples

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure about the textures, in the expanded pics, the black looks a little like the non skid mats in cup boards ( presuming it is really a simulated carbon fiber look) The other, not sure where to place that texture??

My vote is for the black swatch so far, good luck;)

Any other options?

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
How would she achieve the Carbon effect?.
Only asking as I'm looking into changing the colour on mine and am thinking of vinyl wrapping as an alternative,it's just I'm not too sure on the durability with things like mudguards :confused:

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
both looks like a textured finish. how to achieve that through paintwork?

anyway if its possible.. would choose the carbon effect (ie, on the left)

TeacherJoe

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the comments. Both are actual paint samples. The carbon effect is in fact acived with shelf liner. I am thinking of doing the carbon fiber in a lighter shade for less contrast. I am also going to paint the windshield (is that legal?). I'm thinking of black with a pale green 'Green Disease' logo from Pearl Jam, and a few lines of hand painted text. I'm a big PJ fan, but it won't be an ad.

Joe

bergj1986

Helmet Hair
Reaction score
Visit site
The carbon fiber effect is really cool! So your wife used the rubbery-textured shelf liner and just sprayed through it on top of the black/gray base coat?

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Thanks for the comments. Both are actual paint samples. The carbon effect is in fact acived with shelf liner. I am thinking of doing the carbon fiber in a lighter shade for less contrast. I am also going to paint the windshield (is that legal?). I'm thinking of black with a pale green 'Green Disease' logo from Pearl Jam, and a few lines of hand painted text. I'm a big PJ fan, but it won't be an ad.

Joe

Yes, you can paint your windscreen. As I tell everyone who's thinking about painting it; when was the las t time you actually LOOKED through your windscreen while riding??