Paint or wrap

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Today i got a delivery from USPS, just got my front and rear axle sliders from motivation. I will put them on tomorrow and take some pic's and post'em. Still waiting on some side panels, and looking into getting the bike WRAPPED from BIKE-WRAPS, instead of painting the bike i sent them a few pictures and they are going to send me some sketching or design for the bike, i am pretty stoked on that. If it sounds and looks like it will work i will post the idea's here and see what you guy's and gal's think. I was going to paint the whole bike along with the Canada 07 full fairing kit and then paint it. The wrapping cost around $600 and that's the whole bike wrapped, if i don't get the full fairing i see 2 negatives-
1) no full kit there wont be enough to wrap, but will cost less
2) i won't get the option of a MAJOR ORIGINAL LOOK
If I paint it with the full kit it will cost about $1000-1500 or so, but if i get the full fairing the price still will be $600.00. So i am just going to wait to see the idea's they have with the wrapping and for the whole wrapping and buying the fairing it would cost $1200-1600. If i paint it, it would be roughly $600 for the fairing (i think) and then painting the whole bike a new color with some type of theme and that would be roughly $1500.00. So i have no clues as of yet, any idea's????

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Wraps have come a long way in the RC industy. Many people prefer to just paint the body one color then get a custom wrap to put on. They look great and hold up well.

As for the motorcycle, well thats your call. What ever makes you happy. I am not one to have flashy out there things, but like I said thats your call. If you could get them to get the cuts right and the adhessive strong so that it wont come up on you. Go for it. It will be neat to see what you can create.

Just be sure to post pictures.

-bryan

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wraps have come a long way in the RC industy. Many people prefer to just paint the body one color then get a custom wrap to put on. They look great and hold up well.

As for the motorcycle, well thats your call. What ever makes you happy. I am not one to have flashy out there things, but like I said thats your call. If you could get them to get the cuts right and the adhessive strong so that it wont come up on you. Go for it. It will be neat to see what you can create.

Just be sure to post pictures.

-bryan

without a dobt i will post pictures when they or if they send me an idea, i have no problem on spending the money for a paint/wrap job, but i want it to look right and no to......much, just enough to make it look GREAT but at the same time to be ORIGINAL. SO any info would be great either +/-, I just want this done before the RC in JUNE.