Oz's Question Of The Day #86 (9/3/09)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coopdman

Wolf Pack of One
Reaction score
Visit site
OK guys, I'm trying to make these a little more difficult. Please PM AND post a reply if you want rep points.

The paragraph below is most unusual. How quickly can you find out what is so unusual about it? It looks so ordinary you'd think nothing was wrong with it - and in fact, nothing is wrong with it. It is unusual though. Why?

"Gatsby was walking back from a visit down in Branton Hill's manufacturing district on a Saturday night. A busy day's traffic had had its noisy run; and with not many folks in sight, His Honor got along without having to stop to grasp a hand, or talk; for a mayor out of City Hall is a shining mark for any politician. And so, coming to Broadway, a booming bass drum and sounds of singing, told of a small Salvation Army unit carrying on amidst Broadway's night shopping crowds. Gatsby, walking towards that group, saw a young girl, back toward him, just finishing a long, soulful oration ... "

clockworkjon

SUCKERS!
Reaction score
Visit site
PM'd my wild-ass guess.

EDIT: Wow, I googled after sending my PM, and I was waaaay off. But now that I know the real answer I feel like an idiot. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

Coopdman

Wolf Pack of One
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, obviously didn't stump as many as I thought I would. I'll have to work a bit harder on the next one... I'll post #87 this evening.

#86 Winners: SirIsaac, hardheaded, Ozfazer6, rsw81, PowellB, Stumbles06, Fz6Sa

Well done guys!

Ozfazer6, I thought you had some important trip or something, haha. guess you just wanted to answer a few for a while huh?:thumbup:

Edit: Sorry, forgot to post the answer... Correct Answer is that there is no letter "E" in the whole paragraph. E being the most common letter, this makes it unusual.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.