Oxford hot grips issue.

foxbass

I prefer being on top
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my bike with them on having let my previous go with almost new ones fitted. (It would have been risky to strip them off - and rude!)
2 months on and last Friday they switched themselves on without my asking, then proceeded to randomly select any old heat setting. I tried to switch them off but a few miles later they were back on and refused to switch off.
Fearing an overnight flat battery scenario, I disconnected them. Used the car over the weekend (I'm a musician) then rode this evening in -2 degrees so tried reconnecting. No go. Completely dead now.
Anyone have a similar experience?
I'm guessing I'll need a new set or can I order a new control pad from Oxford? Mine don't look more than a couple of years old and are in good condition so I thought I'd maybe return the unit and kick up a fuss about the short life-span.
Waddaya think?

ChiliRTF

Reaction score
Visit site
Might be worth cracking open the controller and seeing if some connections have gone bad (water damage?). It's possible that it's repairable, if you're up for that sort of thing.

Otherwise: Big hammer. Or a new controller.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would suspect your controller, maybe you can get in touch with Oxford, they may be sympathetic, they exchanged my contoller (for free) when it was a year and a half old (via my dealer).
My new controller also occasionally jumps from one setting to another on start up but then settles down again. I've also had my new controller freeze on the lowest setting, but resets with the on/off switch.

good luck :thumbup:

foxbass

I prefer being on top
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys. I have since done the obvious and checked there is voltage at the power plug, so it is certainly the controller. I will try the sad, hard done by approach with Oxford first, then the big hammer - er, replacement.