Owned the FZ6 a month now

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
I gotta say I'm really impressed with this bike. Moving up from a GS500, this bike still 'wows' me every time I ride her. The last owner had the bike for 2 years and only rode it for 500 miles total, while I've ridden close to 750 miles in the last month. I love the power, stability, and comfort, although I'm still in the market for a better seat. Mods so far have been fairly easy to do, and the BD43 headlight mod is freaking awesome. I'm okay with the exhaust for now, but definitely want to change it out eventually. I only wish aftermarket exhausts weren't so expensive! So all in all, I'm very happy with my FZ6. Great forum too!

Jesto

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome! Great to hear another FZ6 fan. I too am relatively new. I am on my second season, however I have put over 10k on it since I got it (2005). I really enjoy reading the forum however have kept mostly silent on here....

Put my biggest mod on this year, a pair of Givi E41 bags in bike matching two tone silver and black. Cheers.

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome! Great to hear another FZ6 fan. I too am relatively new. I am on my second season, however I have put over 10k on it since I got it (2005). I really enjoy reading the forum however have kept mostly silent on here....

Put my biggest mod on this year, a pair of Givi E41 bags in bike matching two tone silver and black. Cheers.

Thanks! I'm not sure I'll ever do the luggage thing. I'm not into touring (yet) and can get most things in my backpack that I have with me most rides.

D

Dave.TX

Congratulations on your love affair. It always amazes me how little or infrequently people can ride a motorcycle. When I got my FZ6 it was 3 years old with only 6,400 miles. I then began to rack up over 1,000 miles per month. Yesterday with my current bike (that I've had for just under 1 month) I surpassed the 1,000 mile mark. The previous owner rode it about 10,000 miles per year, which I will do and then some.

The FZ6 is a very capable bike for many things. I still miss it sometimes.

If you don't ride it, set it free. If you do ride it it will set you free.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It always amazes me how little or infrequently people can ride a motorcycle. When I got my FZ6 it was 3 years old with only 6,400 miles. I then began to rack up over 1,000 miles per month. Yesterday with my current bike (that I've had for just under 1 month) I surpassed the 1,000 mile mark. The previous owner rode it about 10,000 miles per year, which I will do and then some.

I purchased my 2005 FZ6 late December, with 22100kms on it. (13733mi)

It now has 33129kms on it (20586mi) so that's 11029kms or 6853mi this year alone!

Thankfully, living in Oz, we can ride all year round, so I'm looking at 25000kms (15535mi) a year, at this rate! (at least - if I can get some days off, I'll be able to hit the open road!)

Cheers,
Rick

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I purchased my 2005 FZ6 late December, with 22100kms on it. (13733mi)

It now has 33129kms on it (20586mi) so that's 11029kms or 6853mi this year alone!

Thankfully, living in Oz, we can ride all year round, so I'm looking at 25000kms (15535mi) a year, at this rate! (at least - if I can get some days off, I'll be able to hit the open road!)

Cheers,
Rick

I got my bike on June 11 of last year with 10,xxx on it, it clicked over to 28,000 about 3 weeks ago!!!! So by the time June 11 comes around this year I'll be able to say that I have put over 20,000miles in one year!!!

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm also a 1 month owner, and have put on ~700 miles. Would be higher if the weather would cooperate! Commuting in the sun will rack up 300 miles per week.

So far I've done:

Puig DB: Nice to finally be able to hear myself think.
Battery tender
Put stock exhaust/fender back on to get inspected. Can't wait to get the TB back on.

aid-90

Reaction score
Visit site
I got my bike on June 11 of last year with 10,xxx on it, it clicked over to 28,000 about 3 weeks ago!!!! So by the time June 11 comes around this year I'll be able to say that I have put over 20,000miles in one year!!!

did you go through 2 sets of tires at that rate of driving? what tires did you use? :thumbup:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
did you go through 2 sets of tires at that rate of driving? what tires did you use? :thumbup:

The bike had a Pirelli diablo on the rear and a battlax up front when I got it, they were replaced after my first 2,000 with shinko 009 ravens and yes I'm on my 2nd set, I wanna say i got about 12,000 out of my 1st rear with quite a few burnouts at the dragstrip and I was I think at about 15,000 on my front when I got a nail in it.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: Most of us on the forum feel the same about there FZ6's. Heck of a motorcycle and so enjoyable to ride. Post some pictures of your baby! Check for sales on exhausts. I got my Leo Vince for a pretty killer deal so just check and wait for sales.

Dougie

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: Most of us on the forum feel the same about there FZ6's. Heck of a motorcycle and so enjoyable to ride. Post some pictures of your baby! Check for sales on exhausts. I got my Leo Vince for a pretty killer deal so just check and wait for sales.

Yea i,ll +1 that,ive owned bigger n faster but the wee Fazer is a good well balanced all rounder,quick enough to put a lump in yer trousers,feels safe on the road,eyecatching to the uneducated at traffic lights and cheap to insure....only regret i have is i considered one years ago but opted for a different bike.....:confused: