Overpant strength?

Nightster6

Ready to Ride
Reaction score
Visit site
So I've searched for some reviews on any overpant as far as how they hold up in crash tests and havent found much so sorry if this is a repetitve question.

I was wondering if anyone had crashed in overpants and how the held up? I've been looking for a good overpant that will actually hold up in a crash. Both the Icon Arc and Scorpian Deuce that ive looked at have reviews on Motorcycle Superstore from people that have wreck in them and neither held up at all. The review for the Scorpians even said " I wrote Scorpion about the stitching issue. They answered that they don't have to comply with any safety standards."

So are all overpants crap or has anyone had some experience with a tough overpant?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a pair of motorport kevlar air mesh overpants. Vegasrider, also has a pair and went down a few months ago in his. He had stated that they held up nicely. They are not cheap, and are custom made for you. air mesh kevlar pant

I live a few minutes away from where Motport gear is made. I've seen the product first hand and met the owner. I will have a pair of the GP pant's this summer. Although my leather track pants work great, it's time I switch to a cooler pant in summer for riding in the desert areas. The Kevlar gear is worth every penny and if you crash he'll repair it for free! You can just wash it unlike leathers. Don't get me wrong , I love my leather gear but it get hot here and I need a little more ventilation and the Kevlar will give me that. I know 4 people that have this gear and it is great gear.