Oooooops "wheelie" with wife on board!

big_b

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.glenwoodvfd.com
So the wife and I took a nice 80 mile ride for some dinner tonight..I wanted to test the changes I had made to my Power Commander and Auto Tune boxes... I stopped at a stop sign and eased the clutch out and then rolled on the throttle... right around 8,000 RPM the front end lifted up and we rode a wheelie for about 40 feet then I let off the throttle. I was fully not expecting that and neither was the wife! She was a little ticked lol

I have no desire to ride wheelies (ok maybe a little) but how many of you have done it?

I think my PC5 setup is tuned in now because it lifts the front end up with just me on the bike and not dragging the clutch! Took alot of screwing around with it but I got it!

Sent from my DROIDX

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My wife whacks me when I do anything out of the ordinary when she is riding with me. So it's safer for everyone on the road if I just take it easy. Sounds like you got lucky. I have pulled a few wheelies by my self, but I'm not that great at them.

xavier296

Slow in the corners
Reaction score
Visit site
I've done it once with a girlfriend (pre wife days) and she loved it. It was as simple as full throttle on a straight road. Stock bike. That girl was kindof crazy though. My wife would kill me if I did it. She hits me every time I give it any throttle. I think it is cause she would rather just stop and get off. She wasn't like that when we were dating. Hmmmm. Premarital deception!!!

meggi46

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, you were lucky. LOL
Now it is funny,,,,,

Congratulation any way !!! :))))

I love to ride with my friend and ride wheelie, but before it he show me our sign to prepare,,,, ZX10 is powerfull and speedy,,,,

(little desire to ride wheelie,,,, I think You want it verrrry much)
lot's of love,,,,

Last edited:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't blame your wife for being ticked off :spank:

Very naughty :shakehead:

Never done a wheelie, never tried to, have no desire to

Happy enough keeping both wheels safely on the ground :thumbup:

Azz

Angry Hornet
Elite Member
Reaction score
4zzdawg.com
Don't blame your wife for being ticked off :spank:

Very naughty :shakehead:

Never done a wheelie, never tried to, have no desire to

Happy enough keeping both wheels safely on the ground :thumbup:

Yes... Either have I.. :D
A lot more fun (and safe) in the dirt though :thumbup:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:BLAA: I've done it too!! LOL my bike was stock your wifes weight acts as a ballast and makes it realy easy to pull the front wheel up......my brother was riding beside me with his girlfreind on the back of his bike and we laft a red light and he left out burning the back tire on his cruiser so i rolled on it in first and BAM we were UP and going!!! She tried to crush my ribs,and let me know me how bad I had scared her!! :rockon: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yBZGUfR6_o"]YouTube - How to loose your girlfriend[/ame] You dont want to do like this!!!

Last edited:

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
I have no desire to ride wheelies (ok maybe a little) but how many of you have done it?

Your wife has every right to strangle you!

That being said, I like an honest man :thumbup: I too have had the desire from time to time and acted on it when I was on straight empty road with no passenger :eek:, just wound it up to 8,000 grand in first, let off the throttle and then punch it and the front wheel pops right up for a good 40 ft or so :eek: I haven't done it often and I am scared to death to try and clutch it up.

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So the wife and I took a nice 80 mile ride for some dinner tonight..I wanted to test the changes I had made to my Power Commander and Auto Tune boxes... I stopped at a stop sign and eased the clutch out and then rolled on the throttle... right around 8,000 RPM the front end lifted up and we rode a wheelie for about 40 feet then I let off the throttle. I was fully not expecting that and neither was the wife! She was a little ticked lol

I think my PC5 setup is tuned in now because it lifts the front end up with just me on the bike and not dragging the clutch! Took alot of screwing around with it but I got it!

Sent from my DROIDX

Make sure you upload the map lol

WORBC

WOuld Rather Be Cycling
Reaction score
www.smallsats.com
I think this would lead to a very bad dinner in it was to happen to me... LOL or even a divorce! :D

Glad that you were safe! :BLAA:

MoeDog

Reaction score
Visit site
Be careful with a passenger when you hit the throttle, on my previous bike "R6" it happened to me. the light turned green i tried to take of fast and the front lifted very fast and easy. All the weight was on the rear so it felt like I was going to Flip over, it scared me and my wife now i don't take off fast when she is riding. However when I was solo I would hit the throttle in first and second gear and the Front would just lift on its own about 1 to 2 feet of the ground, like when a jet is taking off. Great feeling but not worth the trouble if you were to loose it.

big_b

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.glenwoodvfd.com
Love the replies! Now she is telling everyone what I did to her! lol I think deep down she like it :)

You guys really want the map? This is the best my bike has performed yet!

- Posted while mobile via my DROID X-