old michelin pilot roads?

bobdigi88

Reaction score
Visit site
I just payed for my new set of michelin pilot road tires. I live in the UK and payed £240.
I wasn't sure if I was getting pilot road 2s or 3s. And I wasn't too bothered.

However after getting my new tires home and inspecting them. It turns out I have the orrigional pilots (no 2 or 3)

Looking at the year of manufacture (3912) meaning they were made last year. So they're not old.

Are they still making the orrigional road pilots? And are they still any good?
Oh and have I over paid? I'm guessing so.

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen a couple for sale online here in the US, but they were on closeout and much cheaper. Still, the price you paid for the set installed isn't too bad. Also the original Pilot Roads must have been good enough to come out with 2's, then 3's. If you like them, then that's all that matters!

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
Go back to the garage and have a word with them, if they supplied and fitted and you requested different tyres to the ones they fitted then either get some money back or some sort of voucher for your next pair of correct tyres for your bike

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Unless you asked for a specific tire, and their manufacture date is relativly new, I think your good (stuck too).

Some like the original Michelin, its supposed to be pretty sticky, you just won't get quite the life out of it for slab riding (dual compound)..

IMHO, go ride and enjoy!!

bobdigi88

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all replies. When I bought the bike t ha pilot 2s on it. The guy in the shop told me the new tyres would be the same as what I had.

When I got the bike home and looked online I realized they were orrigional pilots.

I don't think they were trying to be dishonest.

Well they seem good tires. And next time I'll know what I'm talking about.

Anyone buying new tires learn by this. Research, ask, make sure, then order.