OK, your all-time fav bike hero......

Davey

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool thread!

So many to list! Doohan, Rossi, Shwantz etc all great!

Just a few that no one has mentioned, and are not just superbike/GP riders -

John McGuinness - Isle of Man legend.

Evel Knievel - stunt god and hero of most boys born before 1980!

Travis Pastrana - doing things no one thought possible on two wheels!

Ricky Carmicheal - MX GOAT and nice guy (unlike Bubba Stewart who is awesome but a bit of a knob)

Robbie Maddison - for having the balls of steel to jump on top of the Arc de Triomph replica in Las Vegas - and then off again! :eek:

Charley Boorman - for riding the Long Way Round/Down and putting up with Ewan MacGreggor all the way! And for sparking my dream of doing something similar one day.

Cyril Depres - French Dakar Rally legend. Anyone who can complete a Dakar rally is awesome, to win it is a great feat of endurance and skill!

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
For me its Mike Hailwood and Giacomo Agostini.
Both legends.
The racing world lost a lot when Mike was killed in '81 RIP fella.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
my all time fave is rossi

then max biaggi and alvaro bautista
i like josh coppins of moto cross...i dont know if he still races i used to love watching mx. i lost touch a bit nowadays

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Charley Boorman - for riding the Long Way Round/Down and putting up with Ewan MacGreggor all the way! And for sparking my dream of doing something similar one day.

You must be joking. :Flip:

First of all if it was not for Ewan Mcgregor Charlie Boredom would never have got either of the shows off the ground.

If I had been that cameraman who he rear ended by showboating, I would have decked the pratt.

Dakar rally...hey we can all go there and fail...it isn`t hard. Getting through it is an achievement though.

I miss my wife...Oh I miss my lovely girls boo hooooo.

Hey Boredom, you don`t have to let the licence payers send you round the world in luxury hotels on a free bike.

Charlie Boredom............give me a break.

:thumbup::mikebike:

Steve

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Its pretty amazing to go from motorcycles to F1 back to motorcycles

There's not many that have done it.
His record is outstanding, 76 Grand Prix victories, 14 Isle of Man TT wins and 9 World Championships,as well as podium finishes in F1 and Le Mans
he was also awarded the George medal risking his live to pull a fellow driver from a burning F1 car.

After all that,he was killed along with his little girl driving to go and get some fish and chips :(

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
There are so many great ones today I can't say currently, but "way back when" it had to be Hurricane Bob Hannah! WFO was all he knew in the dirt.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
My bike hero is Cali Rider :D

He knows every single road in SoCal by heart,
He rides the streets responsibly & maturely,
He taught me almost everything I know about the technical aspect of motorcycles,
He taught me almost everything I know about riding a motorcycle,
He is damn fast on the track,
He is just a cool dude :D

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

You must be joking. :Flip:

First of all if it was not for Ewan Mcgregor Charlie Boredom would never have got either of the shows off the ground.

If I had been that cameraman who he rear ended by showboating, I would have decked the pratt.

Dakar rally...hey we can all go there and fail...it isn`t hard. Getting through it is an achievement though.

I miss my wife...Oh I miss my lovely girls boo hooooo.

Hey Boredom, you don`t have to let the licence payers send you round the world in luxury hotels on a free bike.

Charlie Boredom............give me a break.

:thumbup::mikebike:

Steve

Hey Steve ..the Ozzies have a dedicated page for outbursts like this :BLAA:

i just couldnt bare looking at Charlies yellow teeth in the closups :ban:

I agree, Ewan did put him on the map (his acting career was sparce at best)
but i admire his charity work :thumbup:

Someone mentioned Pastrana..+1 for me ,some might say hes not a true "bike hero" (kinda like comparing a BMX'er to Lance Armstrong) but i think he's awsome

Davey

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, so Charley may not fit into bike hero status exactly. But for me I loved that series, and it inspired me to do something the same.

And I guess everyone has a personal answer which you may not agree with. Doesn't mean you have to get quite so personal with your rant! I read another thread on here today about how we were all so nice compared to other forums.... :cheer:

So :Flip: you too!

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
Page 2 before someone mentions Freddie Spencer???????? WTF! The only one to win both the 250 World Championship AND the 500 World Championship in the same year! As impressive as the others are, this feat will never be duplicated.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Davey,

I was not having a pop at you Just Charlie Boredom.

But I will take a pace back because it has been pointed out that he does do charity work.

But then if I did not have a real job then I would as well.

If you want to be inspired by a biker and see one of the best bike films ever made. Go on E-Bay and buy "Riding Solo To The Top Of The World".

I liked Long Way Up Round Down etc but I thought McGregor was a lot more tougher than Boredom and did not whine as much. Boredom was bound to cause an accident with his wheelies...and did. Staying in top class hotels and safari lodges and getting the wife over to ride with you when you get lonely took the edge off it a bit.

Look at the above DVD, he does none of that and the filming is excellent.

Steve