Ohio : Saturday 06-13 - Route 555

rbesr

Reaction score
Visit site
If you make it down as far as Point Pleasant WV, make sure you take a side trip on WV RT 2 toward Huntington and eat at Hillbilly Hotdogs in Lesage. The ride along the river isn't bad but it's definitely not twisties. You will be glad you made the trip!

Hillbilly Hot Dogs - Home

pulsar2

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Anybody up for tomorrow : 7-12-2014? I am starting in the morning (anywhere between 8.30AM to 10.30AM) and will be on Rt 555 around noon time. Plan to be back before evening. It is about 200 - 250 mile round trip if we start from New Albany,OH.

pulsar2

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
woohooo!!!!!!!, great fun chasing my friend on his BMW1000R(the naked bike - new with only 850miles) - that bike can pull!!! Hit a speedo indicated 134 and reduced the chicken strips a bit more.

We will most probably hit the stretch again next weekend. So advance heads up if you guys want to join us!!

Side Note : Got to ride the BMW too - a very rough sounding engine but has a lot of tech wizardy - electronically adjustable shocks and various ride modes. Makes my Fz suspension look like cheap afterthought in the bikes design, although our engine sounds way better with smoother power delivery.

pulsar2

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's funny, maybe there is a price difference between the BMW and decade old FZ6?

No question about the value or the design of my Fz6 :thumbup:, except for the shocks(I think everyone will agree to this). I am working to get them in proper shape as I intend to keep it. Even my friend was surprised with it when I told him it was 9 year old.