ohio area riders???

joshfz6.2008

Reaction score
Visit site
with the holiday week end coming up any one up for a ride? planning on hocking hills and southern ohio. if there is enough interest then we can come up with a location and time. i live in southern ohio and can come up with a good route.

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm tentatively headed to Bluegrass Motorsports Park on Saturday (KY) and could detour down thru your area. Keep me posted of your plans and I may try to join you on the way.
Thanks!

(none)

Not even here
Reaction score
Visit site
Working with a few VFR guys to set up a ride over the weekend on the east/southeast side of the state. Let me know what you guys have planned and i'll see where we are at.

joshfz6.2008

Reaction score
Visit site
there are to guys from sportbikes.net coming over from ft wayne and staying in lancaster for the weekend that is riding i think one is a r6 the other is a kawi 650 i think as soon as i set up a time with them i'll let ya know they are coming friday and riding sat and part of sunday

joshfz6.2008

Reaction score
Visit site
ok meeting the other guys in lancaster at 9 am the first leg will probly but 37 up to zanesville then 555 down to belpre. if anyone interested let me know we can pick you up along the way. right now there are 3 bikes

jeff in ohio

Reaction score
Visit site
I was going to do a ride down there...but Friday instead. Less traffic down that way on fridays than saturdays. Try OH536 out of Hannibal to OH 78 East to OH7 north then OH556 North out of Clarington to OH145 east. then either North or South on OH148....OH536 is CRAZY. Twistiest road in Ohio, hands down. That is part of my loop that also includes. US250 from Moundsville WV to Hundred WV, the WV7 west from Hundred WV back to the Ohio River.

If you are dead set on riding 555 to Belpre (I thing 555 is overrated when compared to everything east of I77)..take OH 339 North one you hit Belpre to OH 60 west to Lowell,. Grab OH530 east to OH 145 to OH 565/260/537 to where OH 537 hit OH26. take OH26 south to Jericho Low Gap Road (should be paved, cant remeber) east to OH800 south to OH7 on the river. The relax and take OH7 North up to 536 in Hanibal mentioned above....if you do not want to do jericho road, take OH 26south to OH 260 east to pick up OH7 north...of course, you could skip this all together, go from Belbre to marietta, grap OH26 North out of there, then up to either OH800 south back to the river or OH78 east to OH 536 south to Hannibal. The combonations are endless. The roads mentioned above are some of the best riding down there east of I-77.

RIDING EAST OF I77 WILL ALSO KEEP YOU AWAY FROM ALL THE HARLEY RIDERS AT THE EASYRIDER RODEO IN CHILLICOTHE!!!!!!! ONE OF THE REASEON I WOULD ALSO AVOID OH555 AS THEY MIGHT BE ON IT

Last edited:

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice job 'jeff in ohio'. I grew up on all of those roads!!

Great advice on avoiding the rodeo, except you'll miss all of the "entertainment" the H-D lads normally provide!

Post where you are meeting in Lancaster and I may try to meet up with you. Except I'm headed to the southwest to visit Bluegrass as my ultimate destination.

joshfz6.2008

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks jeff in ohio. your talking my language but from lancaster 555 is about the easiest way to get in that area since zanesville is only about 15-20minutes it would take about 30 minutes to get the the good parts of rt 56 around laurelville. you guys are nuts you wouldn't expect the harley riders to get of the 4 lane would ya....haha....and so you know i am from chillicothe thats why i'm heading away from town. but i was planning 555 to 339 then down to marrieta and hit 821 up to caldwell then i can't remember but its either 78 or 76 from there but one of the break stops is going to be around lower salem of of 821 i have family there. i was wanting to hit 26 but i've heard that its one of them that you should hit fresh

where are you at jeff???

jeff in ohio

Reaction score
Visit site
where are you at jeff???

Medina. I have several loops that get me to Hundred WV and back. ranging from 400 to 500 miles depending on options. I leave between 6-7am and am usually back by 6pm. Stop for gas only and lunch is whatever is next to the register at the gas station.

other good roads. OH 147 or OH 149 from Belmont to Bellaire.
OH148 from Barnesville to the Ohio river.
OH800 from Dennison all the way south to the river.
OH342 west out of Freeport to OH258 to I77.

OH541 from New Guilford to Kimbolton
OH83 from Coshocton to the river
OH60 from Paint Valley to Zanesville
US250 Cadiz Ohio all the way to Staunton, VA
Bethany Pike out of Wellsburg, WV to WV88 South to US250 - this section has one of the hardest curves ever on it - going south on WV88, there is an uphill blind left hand decreasing radius that then goes down hill into a banked swoopiong right hander just south of west Liberty college that I have never gotten right. You apex at tht top of a hill, lean to your left, down a hill. You are then leaned over full to the left going down a hill looking at a road that suddenly banks to your right, Its wicked.

jeff in ohio

Reaction score
Visit site
dont forget about KY Rt10 and Rt22 and the surrounding roads. quite a challenge.

have never made it over to Can-tuck-eeeee....the roads in WV are just too damn good to want to go anywhere else for short trips. PA has some nice roads as does Northern and Western NY, then there is Vermont and New Hampshire also....

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
536 looks amazing on street view. I wish I knew about that road earlier this summer!
Rt 536 IS amazing!! I have a friend that lives on the hill as you come up from the river. He is an ex-racer. Back in the day we used to race little red wagons down the hill late at night!! Run-off on nearly ever turn along the ridges is non-existent. If you run off the road, you are going thru a barbed wire fence and then several hundred feet over the hill. Going North? just before Round Bottom, there is a paticualarly challenging decreasing radius turn that will get your attention.
Enjoy!!

jeff in ohio

Reaction score
Visit site
you guys shoudl ride the ferry across the Ohio River at Sistersville, WV...I did today...cracked out about 450 miles of twisty roads. I'm toast....

joshfz6.2008

Reaction score
Visit site
nice to hear from ya c-bus hope to get together soon glad to see some interest from ohio riders...i'm suprised with buckeyes opening game saturday of so many ppl ready to ride :D but i'm not missing the bucks usc game;)