Oh my... I'm lusting after this bike!

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
I've always liked the Aprilia Tuono, but I could never fully wrap my head around the idea of getting a V-twin engine bike. I also liked the RSV 4, but couldn't bring myself to buy a Super Sport due to comfort issues.

Long story short, someone at Aprilia must have been monitoring my thoughts because the V4 engine from the RSV 4 is now available in the semi-naked, upright seating chassis of the Tuono.

I think I'm in love... and the new Tuono V4 R just might be what it takes to pull me away from Yamaha.

tuonov4r_overview_black_cropped_406x375.jpg

Aprilia

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Could never understand why Honda wasn't more proactive in this area with the VFR. Love the V4's.

This new Tuono is an awesome combo! It even looks like they may have an option for lower clips.

Listen to the sound of the V4 sound almost the same as the Yamaha M1 or the R1 crossplane crank.

To get used to the idea of a V twin go to a Ducati dealer and hang out. There are a few different flavor and configurations of V twins SV1000, RC51, TL1000 all discontinued. You can still get the SV 650 but the 1000 is a fun motor! :rockon:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjFfztG1rVE&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Aprilia RSV4 Leo VInce Full System Sounds Files‬‏[/ame]

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Nooo!!! They went away from the blue wheels!!! Damn. :D

cws6fan, a longtime member here, went from a FZ6 to the Tuono and absolutely loves that thing. Unfortunately, he laid her down on our Gap trip last month when he hit some invisible pea gravel pulling into one of the overlooks on the Cherahola. He did some nice damage to the bike (he was pretty sore, but ok). Now he's going through the process with the insurance company...ugh.

Here's a few pictures of his bike (I mention the blue wheels because I love the randomness of them. Here's this black and silver checkered bike with these royal blue wheels...very cool!)

Here we are at the Fontana Dam. cws6fan's Tuono is first in line. You can see me toward the middle taking of my gear...lol.

IMG_1324.jpg

Believe it or not, we had TWO Aprilia's go down that weekend. Unfortunately, the buddy riding the Falco on the left spent almost 3 weeks at UT Medical Center from his crash on our last morning there. He's doing alright, though. The bike...believe it or not, has less damage than the Tuono you'll see in a minute.

IMG_1346.jpg

Random shot of me, my bike, and our banner. :thumbup:

IMG_1349.jpg

Now for the nasty stuff. The damage to the Tuono...yuck!

What cws6fan hit (you can see the marks where he slid across the pavement)

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

And the most expensive part to fix? The tank. He said the cost of a new one is outrageous!

IMG_0213.jpg

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
After reading the latest issue of cycle world and knowing this forum I knew exactly what bike you were talking about before I even opened the thread and I totally agree.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
To get used to the idea of a V twin go to a Ducati dealer and hang out. There are a few different flavor and configurations of V twins SV1000, RC51, TL1000

Now your talking Cliff :rockon: :eek: :drool:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKAhb4Vo-AE&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Suzuki TL1000R sound.mp4‬‏[/ame]

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike :thumbup: but I think you'll have a heart attack when it comes to maintenance costs :eek:

Getting a Tuono is basically a pipe dream for me. My nearest dealer just closed their doors due to bankruptcy and being poorly operated. Not sure where the next closest Aprilia dealer is located. Even well designed bikes need occasional parts and service, and it's nice having a Yamaha dealer less than 20 miles from my house.

I might lust for a Tuono, but will probably end up with an FZ1 in it's place. It's hard to afford champagne on a beer budget.:rolleyes: