Oh Bother.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Most of you know I adopted a BMW R1200 GS a couple years ago for longer trips/touring, and it's become my commuting/weekend bike too. I've tried to put my FZ up for sale a couple times, but a last, balls-to-the-wall ride through the mountains convinces me to keep her awhile longer.
It's really ridiculous for me to keep two bikes, however, I just don't have the space. Yesterday I was to take her in for some fresh tires (she's due for her safety inspection and the tires were gettin' old), but the battery was dead. I held my breath recharging it overnight, but she started right up this morning and I took her in (ordered an oil change and safety inspection while she was there). Tonight I learn that the front seals are leaking, and that has to be fixed before she'll pass the Safety inspection, argh! So, along with $420 worth of tires, let's add $275 for new fork seals.

And then, I'll give her one last ride thru the twisties. And keep her for another year. d'Oh!!! :Im With Stupid:

^^^ Thanks Scott; I've already told the shop to keep the bike and they've ordered new seals, unfortunately.

$ 420 for tires? Ouch I save 60.00 by r&r them myself. Oh well, more balls to the walls rides for you and the machine :)

Back