Officialy An FZ6 Rider

MoeDog

Reaction score
Visit site
So after A long search for an FZ6 I ended up piking up this FZ6 its in good shape with 7300 miles fairly new tires, tune up just done I have to say that i am pleased with my purchase I ended up paying $3600 not the best deal on earth but A fair price. I have drove it about 250 miles on it since i bought it. here is what i have to say about the bike so far

GOOD
Great power
Great Style
Great MPG
Great Handling
Best Bang For THE Buck

Not So GOOD
Seat hurts my butt after 1 hour
Bar raiser would be nice since I am going to be Riding this bike to work

that's all i have to say about The bike its a great bike, I owned an 07 R6 before and that was a great bike but for everyday riding the FZ6 does it for me. I was going to go for the 08, 09 models but their prices started at 4300+ and the insurance was going to cost more so i just got the 07 instead. I also didn't think i was going to like the Red color because of how the pictures portrayed the bike. In person the red looks so nice I like it better then the light blue for 07 models.

View attachment 30742

View attachment 30743

View attachment 30744

Welcome to the club. The seat and the riding posture are two main complaints that everyone has about the FZ6.

I upgraded to a TS seat and it's been great, I'm finally sitting in the proper spot on the seat. Ordered a FZ1 bar and will be doing that later this season, and an adjustable rearset next year.

Though if you are thinking about raising it you're looking for the opposite riding posture that I'm after. :rockon:

:welcome: I too switched over from a 03 R6. Your going to love the riding position on the FZ! Your back and wrists will thankyou everyday you ride it to work.

Oh my God,

I ended up paying $3600 not the best deal on earth but A fair price

This bikes are really cheep in USA... once again OOOOOOhhh my God!!!!

M8s, lets make some serious bussines... In my Country for Year 2005 you must give at least 4K Euros, at least!!!

Welcome, yep that's a good price and the right color too! Lot's of good info around these parts just watch out for those So Cal boys :eek:

07... red... well... its still a beautiful bike.. and a damn good price too... congrats on the sale.. hopefully we'll see more pictures of the new baby.. :thumbup:
oh and i would love to hear a comparison review between your 07 fz6 to your 07 r6.. would be interesting to hear the similarities and diferences from someone who has actually ridden both bike...

interesting to hear r6 owners going to the fz6. I cant think of another bike out there right now where you get this much bang for the buck and can turn into a great streetfighter with a few mods. A great niche bike for sure.

I sure will post a comparison of both bikes when I hit at least 2k miles on it. so far what i can tell is the throttle response on the R6 was a little better and the shifting as well. I haven't really pushed the bike hard yet so I am not sure on power I know the FZ6 will be slower but so far does not seam that much slower.

off topic- i will be going to Street vibrations by the end of sept if anyone has a custom seat or bar raisers, saddle bags givi bags or anything for touring that would be great thanks .

Welcome MoeDog! You're just down the road from me and you're in Chemiker's backyard.
Chemiker, Tailgate and I just did around 1300 miles in 3 days a couple of weeks ago and other than a tender tush we could have kept on going. :rockon:
I have some bar risers I could let go and if you're interested PM me.
Cheers
Lefty

Red is the quickest...

I am also interested in the comparison between the FZ with the YZFR. The throttle response on the FZ has been something on which there has been quite some negative feedback about, on this forum.

You now truly have 'the best of both'.

Back