Off to Las Vegas!!!!

Whirlygirl

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok. I planned a couple of routes for me to get to your wedding and home again - one using backroads and seeing a bit more of the US (from:whitehorse, yukon to:new orleans to:corpus christi to:el paso to:san diego to:eureka. ca to:US-101 @42.965140, -124.429450 to:portland to:seattle to:victoria, bc to:HWY-99/Sea to Sky Hwy @49.949240, -123.164470 to:HWY-5/Yellowhead Hwy @52.129510)
and one shortest distance, all highway (from:whitehorse, yukon to:new orleans to:whitehorse,yt - Google Maps). Not much difference in overall km travelled (30%), but the first route would be a lot more fun! Now all I have to do is win the lottery and find some place to store my bike for the winter.:) A little reminder of the distances involved when travelling in Canada and the US.

Yes, that was fun! Yes, my wife is out of town.

12000 km round trip, eh? Heck Alex, you could knock that out in a long weekend... :rockon: Might I suggest a "comfort seat" and a throttle lock?
Wow...

Y

yukon_alex

Or he could fly and ship his FZ.

But that's not the point is it? One of the many things I really enjoy about riding the FZ long distances is that you are simply more exposed to everything. Seeing the little town of "You're not from around here..." from 35,000 feet is a lot different than riding through it and stopping to get an ice cream.

I am working on a trip plan for next year but I don't think I will be able to make your wedding. Would have loved to be there. Some of the people on this site simply come across as people I would like to meet in person and you, Pete, are one of them. Of course, if you are using some kind of weird online persona, could you tell us all now, so I don't feel bad?:)

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
But that's not the point is it? One of the many things I really enjoy about riding the FZ long distances is that you are simply more exposed to everything. Seeing the little town of "You're not from around here..." from 35,000 feet is a lot different than riding through it and stopping to get an ice cream.

I am working on a trip plan for next year but I don't think I will be able to make your wedding. Would have loved to be there. Some of the people on this site simply come across as people I would like to meet in person and you, Pete, are one of them. Of course, if you are using some kind of weird online persona, could you tell us all now, so I don't feel bad?:)

Thank you very much Alex, I'd like to meet you too. Like you there are a lot of people from the Forum I'd like to meet someday. I've been involved in several forums over the years but typically I lose interest and never go back. Here it is the complete opposite. I've met some really cool people here and the discussion goes way beyond the FZ. We talk about so many topics and people really care about on another.

Oh yeah, I really am an axe murderer! :p