Off idle bog

Dadeadlyraccoon

Reaction score
Visit site
Today I noticed a bog off idle if I snapped the throttle too quickly. On a carbureted dirtbike this would be expected but not on my FI fz6. I fired up my buddy's Harley and it didn't have that bog, nor did my other friend's gsxr600. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Today I noticed a bog off idle if I snapped the throttle too quickly. On a carbureted dirtbike this would be expected but not on my FI fz6. I fired up my buddy's Harley and it didn't have that bog, nor did my other friend's gsxr600. Any ideas as to why this is happening?
Are the throttle cables adjusted correctly?
Is the idle speed also correct?

The FZ6 has a bit of a problem under drive with an on off throttle, which can be rectified by about 75% if the above are set within the correct range.
I haven't noticed the lag at idle, the earlier FZ6 has a problem with faulty TPS (throttle position sensor) this was swapped out free of charge as part of a Yamaha recall. There are still a few bikes that have not had the issue addressed.

Nelly

If its bogging/hesitating while stopped and the throttle flicked open, it shouldn't do that. My 07 will rev up immediatly.

Sounds like either stale gas/water in the fuel. If the fuel is old or in doubt, siphon it out and get fresh fuel..

A dose of both Chevron Tectron (FI cleaner) and Seafoam (a cleaner and stabilizer) should solve the problem.. It may take a tank of two..

If your spark plugs are old, new plugs would help as well....

BTW, I use Seafoam regularly, the bike runs like a top, idles rock steady at 1000 RPM's, accelerates smoothly and will power wheelie (with stock gearing) in first gear (one or two up)... 12,000 miles, NGK iridium plugs, SS Scorps, otherwise, bone stock..

i have the same problem can't figure it out. it's not gas not spark plugs not valve adjustment idle is adjust to spec throttle bodys synced. i can't figure it out. i think it might be tps but it checks out ok with test.

So this may be another trait of the crappy FI system on the 6?

Nelly

IMHO, the FI system in the 07 FZ is fine. I wouldn't even consider a juice box as I feel it runs sooo good...

I know the fuel mapping on the earlier FZ's had some problems but his 07 shouldn't be doing that, his definitly has a problem and is not running correctly...

BTW, My 2004 FJR, from the factory, is leaned out from idle to 3k RPM's it isn't funny... There's none of that with my FZ...

My 07 runs fine and idles perfectly well and accelerates powerfully and correctly and has no chop anywhere in the powerband. It ha no bad fuel symptoms at all(my dirtbike had this issue when it sat) and I have been riding my bike a lot lately. It just has the initial throttle response of a cold carbureted bike but it shouldn't cuz its FI. Anyone know how to get a hold of a new computer or adjust it to mend this problem and the jerky on and off throttle?

Maybe she's a little lean on the bottom. Do you guys have a CO adjuster? Crank the fuel up little on the bottom. That might fix it. Same on the 6R. Not sure about the FZ6 but there's no secondary flies on the 6R If you open too quick she goes flat... running a bit fat on the bottom Band Aid the flat spot. Go smoother coming on the throttle... she will go just as fast.

Maybe she's a little lean on the bottom. Do you guys have a CO adjuster? Crank the fuel up little on the bottom. That might fix it. Same on the 6R. Not sure about the FZ6 but there's no secondary flies on the 6R If you open too quick she goes flat... running a bit fat on the bottom Band Aid the flat spot. Go smoother coming on the throttle... she will go just as fast.

We do but it's not like the r6's adjustment where you can change the fueling at different rpm ranges, plus you have to ground out part of the wiring harness. I did it on my bike and I think it was well worth it!!!

When I said it was well worth it I kinda just meant it was well worth the trouble you have to go through to do it. I can't remember if my bike ever had that problem before I up my co levels but I know it doesn't know.

Anyways here's the link to the how to
http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-tos/30125-enable-co-adjustment-usa-only-lean-richen.html

I really don't know of it will help or not but since it's free I'd say it's worth a try! PM me if you have any questions

It worked! Only turned it up by 5 on each side and it smells like its running right not lean or rich and now the airbox mod works even better. The flat spot in the mid range is less noticeable and the top end is better too. Thanks!

Great!!! Obviously you were able to make some sense of those ****ty pics I sent you lol.

Hallo,

i need some help from American friends. I have FZ6 from USA, but i live in Europe.
Im having problems with running on idle, so i guess its TPS problem.
I would like to get information from dealer about TPS on bike, was it changed or not.
I cant find yamaha motorcycles email on the net, only phone number, but calling to USA would cost me fortune.
Do you know email of Yamaha motorcycles or could you call and ask them about my motorcycle TPS - was it fixed, if not could they send TPS to my address?
If anybody would be willing to help, please PM me and will send you my bikes VIN number.

Thank you in advance,
Best Regards Mantas.

Back