OEM parts

ICTOAN

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys, new here and owner of a black 2008 FZ6 S2. I dropped my bike on it's right side the other day and damaged four parts; the mirror, brake lever, handlebar end cap and this plastic thing (rear cowl? the piece of body-colored plastic right under the seat). I've found the first parts OEM for sale but can't seem to find a the plastic new. I don't see it on the blueprints that most OEM parts sites have. Can you guys help me find it for sale online in the US? (having a friend ship it over to me in Europe)

Picture of the rear cowl part I'm talking about in red:
cowlthing.jpg

Please note this is not my bike, saw this picture in the FZ6N Pics thread and it's Bakchos's bike. Hope he doesn't mind me using this pic for reference.

Thanks.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
take a loo at yours, the 07 one was actually black on mine and has a blue decal on it. if yours is blue all the way to the bottom, it is probably best for you to go with the 06 or so, but make sure you get the matching one.

Best price i found on mine was on Boats.net random place, i know, but all it takes is to be a Yamaha dealer (even for boat motors) and apparently you can source it from them. I got mine very fast and it was the cheapest that i could find.

mukulu

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello mate,
Where in Europe are you? There is a place in the U.K that sells the part you need. It's called the side cover, and it costs £47.50. It does not say the colour of it though. The company is called A.J.Sutton. Just google them. I have used them before, when I have needed OEM parts. If your not sure if it is the right part, then you could always give them a call.
Hope this helps