October is National Down Syndrome Awareness Month

kevlarian

Reaction score
Visit site
As some of you may or may not know; my son (Tyler) has Down Syndrome. He is 5 years old; and the biggest blessing in my life... and October is National Down Syndrome Awareness Month.

As part of this program hundreds of cities nationwide hold "Buddy Walks" to raise awarenss and funds for Down Syndrome children and adults, and their families. My family has participated in this event since my son was born. Every year I promote the event to co-workers, friends, and family. This year is no exception.

I know that times are rough for MANY people out there, but if you are interested in donating or PARTICIPATING in our Buddy Walk I would love for you to be a part of it. Over the 9 months since I have been a part of this board, I have started to get to know many of you and consider everyone here a friend.

Here is a PSA from the National Down Syndrome Society
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh-7J4Di1So"]YouTube - Buddy Walk PSA[/ame]

You can donate DIRECTLY to MY Buddy Walk group here: Tyler's Buddy Walk Donation Page

If you would like to spend a FUN afternoon with my family and friends on the Infield of Angels Stadium (free food, games, live music, entertainment, clowns, face painting, bounce houses, rock climbing walls, batting from homeplate of the Angels infield, and meeting Anglels players!) you can join my buddy walk TEAM here: Join Tyler's Buddy Walk Team

I would love to see you guys there... If I got enough RIDERS, I would love to do a short ride through Santiago Canyon - with a stop at Cooks Corner as well...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DNoLPHrQSM"]YouTube - My First Motorcycle Camera Mount Ride Test Thing Video Stuff[/ame]

kevlarian

Reaction score
Visit site
I did a donation. Was not very much but, I hope it helps you reach your goal.

Every Bit Helps! Thank you SO MUCH!
Think about it this way... if EVERY member of this site gave just $1, that would be more than $4500! I wish I had something to raffel off in return. Maybe I do have something :) I'll check around... but if I do, you'll get 10 entries just because you were the first! :)

Thanks again!

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
great info, thanks! i wish i had something to spare....i'll talk to the money-maker tonight to see if we can manage something :)