Oct. 6th I'm a Hoon you're a Hoon ride!!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Saturday Oct. 6th I'm a Hoon you're a Hoon ride!!

What's not to like?! As long as you like to ride!

It's cooling off a little...The 10 day forecast put Idyllwild in the 70's

Let's see if I can get the date and day correctly this time.

Saturday Oct. 6th 2012.

I can't seem to get enough of Idyllwild but if the riders would like to do Montezooma, Banner Grade area let's plan for that. I'm open and hoping for another great ride and day of Tom Foolery with my great friends!

Motogiro-(Cliff)-Blue SV1000s
Jblk9695-(Jerry)-White Tiger 800

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Cool, I'm already signed up, me likey:thumbup::D
I'll meet up any where, just let me know.
Ordered a new rear tire and should be on by Thur, fingers crossed:D
We are going to need to ride up and see Lefty one of these days so he'll quit posting the cry baby pics:rolleyes::D:D:D

Jerry

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool, I'm already signed up, me likey:thumbup::D
I'll meet up any where, just let me know.
Ordered a new rear tire and should be on by Thur, fingers crossed:D
We are going to need to ride up and see Lefty one of these days so he'll quit posting the cry baby pics:rolleyes::D:D:D

Jerry

Quit talkin' and let's ride.... :rockon: :D
I'll be the awesome host when you SoCal boys come up to NorCal. :thumbup:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My sister-in-law is gettin' hitched on that day, so next time!

Cliff and I did a late afternoon/evening ride out in the desert last weekend. Beautiful scenery when the sun went down!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Cliff and I did a late afternoon/evening ride out in the desert last weekend. Beautiful scenery when the sun went down!

We had an awesome day. We started later in the afternoon 3:30ish so that the day wouldn't be so hot and we could ride home in the cooler air as the sun went down. We've had a really hot summer here!

We sailed down Banner Grade and crossed the desert on Yaqui Pass. The air was hotter than hell but even fully geared up it felt good and as long as we had air flow it was comfortable. This what we mean by hot, dry air. It was partly cloudy which helped keep the heat down and the colors and feeling were totally different than what you experience in the mornings when we usually ride.

We had dinner at Carlee's and then Montezoooma and back home. Beautiful sunset to the west over the mountains!
I never get tired of this ride!

There are a few of us members that are really close to these areas with fun twisties there and back so we can ride later in the day. :BLAA:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site

Common Bryan, that's not a good enough excuse. Just tell her you'll be back by the time the reception starts :thumbup:

Saturday Oct. 6th I'm a Hoon you're a Hoon ride!!

What's not to like?! As long as you like to ride!

It's cooling off a little...The 10 day forecast put Idyllwild in the 70's

Let's see if I can get the date and day correctly this time.

Saturday Oct. 6th 2012.

I can't seem to get enough of Idyllwild but if the riders would like to do Montezooma, Banner Grade area let's plan for that. I'm open and hoping for another great ride and day of Tom Foolery with my great friends!

Motogiro-(Cliff)-Blue SV1000s
Jblk9695-(Jerry)-White Tiger 800

I'm in! :BLAA:

You know I'm with you boys in spirit. Took my first short ride on the Katoom today after the deer strike 13 days ago. Sure felt good!

Have fun!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Common Bryan, that's not a good enough excuse. Just tell her you'll be back by the time the reception starts :thumbup:

I'm in! :BLAA:

You know I'm with you boys in spirit. Took my first short ride on the Katoom today after the deer strike 13 days ago. Sure felt good!

Have fun!

Sorry we wont be seeing you and Rob with us.
Don't know when I'll be seeing Rob again but bet we'll see you this winter.
Hope your feeling better. :)

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Gonna miss ya John and David, you guys have a safe ride and say hi to Lefty for me:thumbup:

Hey Cliff, What's the skinny minny?? Where we meeting up, got a new rear tire and ready to do some riding:D
Even got the beast (RV) running:thumbup: after much cussing and removing of brackets and other unnecessary crap. All this to put in a new fuel pump:eek:

Jerry

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Can't make it this time, Cliff. Wavex, Lefty and I have a big ride just after that and we need to prep.

Later in the month will be better for me..

You brothers have an great ride and we'll see you soon!

Gonna miss ya John and David, you guys have a safe ride and say hi to Lefty for me:thumbup:

Hey Cliff, What's the skinny minny?? Where we meeting up, got a new rear tire and ready to do some riding:D
Even got the beast (RV) running:thumbup: after much cussing and removing of brackets and other unnecessary crap. All this to put in a new fuel pump:eek:

Jerry

I'm going to meet Patrick at 9 am on the 15 fwy in Rancho Bernardo area and we'll be headed toward your direction. Maybe we can meet at Sage Rd like we did the last time?

Should be great weather this weekend!

Give that new tire some heat cycles! :D

What kind of fuel pump? Didn't know your RV was down.

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Cool, Sage road it is:thumbup:
The old RV did a bit of a hiccup when I switched to the rear gas tank the other day and I thought it was the selector valve, it wasn't. So after cleaning up the valve and adding new hoses it still wouldn't fire, ran the bat down trying, so the next thing was the fuel pump(mechanical type on the side of the block). Only 24 bucks from Napa so the adventure began, I think they put the thing on before the engine went in as just about everything was in the way. Anywhoo it runs now.
I know one thing, riding my bicycle 3-6 miles just about every day has got me in a lot better shape as I was able to crawl around under and over the RV with not to much trouble, even helped with standing on the pegs on my Tiger, knees are working much better now.:thumbup:

Jerry

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Patrick must have gotten off the freeway around Escondido area.

Great weather and riding with good friends!

Here are some pics from my phone.

At the bottom of 243 in Banning,Ca.

IMG_20121006_132759_309.jpg

Jerry freaked us out by spinning his Shuberth around and becoming a medieval soldier out of Monty Python's, "The Holy Grail" LMAO!

IMG_20121006_132743_021.jpg

Patrick at the Gnome

IMG_20121006_114515_309.jpg

patrickb37

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I took the Del Dios hwy on the way back (nicer ride than just taking 56). Tried waving but I think there was too much traffic around for you to see.

Anyway, this was a great ride with good people. Idyllwild has some fantastic roads. Look forward to doing it again!