Nuts!

eagle1909

The EAgle
Reaction score
Visit site
I live in upstate new york where there is still snow and ice on the ground. Yet, on Tuesday when it was about 40 degrees out, I saw 4 different motorcycles out and about! As General Anthony McAuliffe said, "NUTS!" Won't catch me out there, way to darn cold.

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
This morning, it was 38 here and I rode in. No worries. I had on a jacket and gloves with khaki pants. Legs got cold, but it was not bad.

A lot of riders around this forum ride in much colder conditions even in the rain.

Heck, Nelly posted recently showing his street with ice.

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
It got up to 51 here yesterday (Albany, NY), if only:

My bike was registered and insured (registration is from April 1-March 31 here)
There wasn't 3-4" of ice caked on the driveway
The roads weren't full of sand
I had any experience on this bike on clean, dry roads....

I would have ridden!

Alas.........I am still waiting for my first ride on the FZ!
:(

eagle1909

The EAgle
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea, yesterday was really warm, i think it hit close to 55 here in binghamton. And you make a good point about the sand, dirt, and salt still on the roads, could make for a bad day.

I was in your Same situation last year, I bought my bike in november, couldnt ride it till around april. I wanted to ride it so bad for the first time all winter long.

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
I've read the threads here from a lot of members who ride all winter - even in the snow. I am not that brave! I've seen a couple bikers here (Harley riders believe it or not) that ride all winter too though.

I think I'm going to go insane before it gets warm enough to ride (to me that's over 45 and sunny) but I'm hoping that will happen AFTER April 1. LOL For now I just lurk here and read the threads and consider mods :)

Why do we leave in Upstate NY?

eagle1909

The EAgle
Reaction score
Visit site
I live About 20 miles east of Binghamton. Which is about a hour and a half west of Albany. So I would deff be up for meeting up for some riding. And there are others close and in between, we can get a group ride going.

FZyLarry

No power slides for me
Reaction score
Visit site
Ill admit I'm a fair weather cycling guy. I ride to work when it's 35F but it's only 12 miles so no biggy. But check out the guy below. This guy is a friend of one of the ride group guys at my work.

December 17th 2008 Oak Hill, top of the Cajon Pass on I-15 southbound - returning from Sin City

3275837658_532bd7c884_o.jpg