Nov. 9th or 10th Bear Mountain and surrounding areas, anybody up for it?

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
So I am hoping to hit bear Mountain area again this coming weekend. either Saturday the 9th or Sunday the 10th. Depending which day might have the better weather forecast.

So far FB400 and SD Willie are interested in possibly going. I am waiting for a PM from FB400 with an update.

I am planning to drag along my brother as well.

Anybody else feels like joining up with us?

Last edited:

happyker

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So I am hoping to hit bear Mountain area again this coming weekend. either Saturday the 9th or Sunday the 10th. Depending which day might have the better weather forecast.

So far FB400 and SD Willie are interested in possibly going. I am waiting for a PM from FB400 with an update.

I am planning to drag along my brother as well.

Anybody else feels like joining up with us?

I work on Sundays now so I can probably make it (95% chance) if you can pretty please make it Saturday :)

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have to work on Saturday. There's a chance I may go on Sunday, but I'm not betting on it.

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
At least one member from V-Strom forum might join us as well.

I am just hoping that the weather will be better. No rain at least.

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
It seems that Sunday works best for majority of you, so I guess we'll make it a Sunday ride then.

I checked the weather forecasts and it looks like it might be a little warmer and more sunnier on Sunday too. So that works out so far.

JeffSez59

Reaction score
Visit site
The Giants are playing at 1pm on Sunday, though I might have to make an exception and just ride

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Giants are playing at 1pm on Sunday, though I might have to make an exception and just ride

3 letters: D V R :D

I never watch football live anymore.. hate ads! (except for Superbowl)

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Guys -
Football < important than riding!! This could be one of the last season's rides and then there's still plenty of football to watch

For Long Island NYC contingent it will be Me, SD Willie and PosterFZ6. We could possibly meet at Ft. Totten in queens and head up the Westchester side of the river to the bear mountain bridge

JeffSez59

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok I'm 100% down to go. Who's in jersey though and would like to meet up local then head up to bear mountain

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
I could only do a part of a day if any at all, Poster could you put up a route and start time? May join you on the way, or bail at a logistically convenient point.

Thanks!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Guys -
Football < important than riding!! This could be one of the last season's rides and then there's still plenty of football to watch

For Long Island NYC contingent it will be Me, SD Willie and PosterFZ6. We could possibly meet at Ft. Totten in queens and head up the Westchester side of the river to the bear mountain bridge
Do you have a google earth link? Obviously I can't be there (barring winning the Lotto tonight) but I would really like to see the geography.
Cheers

Nelly

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you have a google earth link? Obviously I can't be there (barring winning the Lotto tonight) but I would really like to see the geography.
Cheers

Nelly

Here's a map from one of my Bear Mountain rides: https://maps.google.com/?mid=1383756668

Fun stuff is North of Ringwood (rougly in the middle). I think you can dump that to KML file and then view in Google Earth.

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Sad News...

Hey guys,

A family thing came up for me and it might very well be a no go for me. I will find out for sure on Saturday if I can go.

As for route I was hoping to hit the usual route.

9W to 301 to Carmel.

From Carmel go back to Bear Mountain. Hit the Perkins Memorial Drive from which we would enter Seven lakes Drive and then finally hit that 106 route.

Can somebody draw it out the route via Google maps? Sorry I have no idea how to do this.

I was hoping to meet up at something like 11am. But at this point I am uncertain if I can make the ride.

Would anybody like to take over as the organizer?