not trying to bash michelin, but...

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
wowww what a bad thing those tires :spank::spank:

I have never been a fan of the pilot roads 2, I had two set and didn't like them at all, I got rid of them whey they had only about 4000kms and still had all their life in front.

I replaced them with pirellis diablo strada and I loved them

now I have pirellis angel st and love them even more :D:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just looks like that you got a dud tyre...something obviously went wrong in the manufacturing process, it is measure of Michelins commitment to service that they are taking the tyres back so that they can figure out WTF happened!!!

I wouldn't hold it against Michelin tyres in particular, could happen with any tyre!

thieu

Reaction score
Visit site
I would agree with you wolfman for the most part. it's just a dud, it happens not a huge deal. But if they really stood behind their product they would just sent him a new set of tires. the cost of losing a potential customer costs them more than one set of tires. They say nothing is wrong, but clearly the customer, tjhess74, is so concerned about his tires i doubt tjhess74 would ever put them - or now any michelin on his bike. In my opinion you dont judge a company/organisation by how it behaves when everything is going smooth, but by how it reacts when things are going wrong.

Last edited:

tjhess74

boo-yah!
Reaction score
Visit site
wolfman, i gave them the benefit of the doubt and was hopeful since they did take the initiative to get the tires. but with the way i was treated and ingnored for the past 5 months combined with my experience with that particular set, im no longer a michelin customer. a dud is possible with any brand, and i have had one dud in the past. that particular company was outstanding in supporting me and their product. michelin has given the tires a stamp of approval, to which i disagree.

im not an engineer, nor do i proclaim to know how to build tires, but look at the pictures again...would you ride on those? doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize sumpthin' just ain't right...

no matter what, i lose on this deal. im forced to eat the $285 or take a credit towards another set of tires that i dont trust from a company i cant trust. i cannot in good conscience sell those tires and i will not put them on my bikes.

tjhess74

boo-yah!
Reaction score
Visit site
well folks, heres the resolution...

i just got off the phone with michelin, and the guy 'mistakenly' informed me that they could send back my original tires. they 'normally dispose of tires that are sent in'. huh, thats the first time ive heard that in the several phone conversations that ive had. if the tires are good, and they are paid-for property of an individual, why would you dispose of them without warning and not return them? why would you not tell that person prior to sending them in, that they will be disposed of regardless of the outcome?

i was told my only option now is to get a credit towards a new set. 'normally' they only give a 75% credit, 'but for me' they will give me a 100% credit...but i have to submit an invoice to them preferably within 30 days.

it could be that the guy simply forgot to tell me i would never see the tires again, it could be a matter of company policy for liability protection, or it could be that they are 'hiding' a fault in my tires. i guess ill never know. either way, i still do not like the way michelin handled this situation and i am forced to be thier customer one more time.

thank you everyone for your thoughts and opinions over the past five months.