"Not one dime!"

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33606182/ns/politics-white_house/

Well I'm glad they realized what they have been doing is grossly unsustainable. So they were off by $2T in their debt estimates so far, hey they're new. So they're planning to raise taxes on soda, juice, already did on cigs, eliminate $500B in medicare payments, tax health insurance if your employer is too generous, demolish those making over $500k with massive income tax increases, allow the Bush tax cuts to expire, tax companies if they don't provide health insurance and employees if they don't buy it, tax all carbon emissions effectively taxing every consumer item in the country as well as our vehicle and heating fuels and electricity, already have monetized the debt as they promissed not too leading to inevitable inflation (spending the VALUE of your money for you without needing to actually take your dollars or admit to it)... but according to the administration that isn't nearly enough to support their insane spending levels, so they'll need to come at us for more. Predictions anyone? Anyone think these quotes will hold up?

PROMISE:
"I can make a firm pledge. Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000
a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your
payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes" (Barack Obama September 12, 2008, Dover, NH)

"No one making less than $250,000 under Barack Obama's plan will see one
single penny of their tax raised," Joe Biden said, "whether it's their capital
gains tax, their income tax, investment tax, any tax." (Joe Biden, Oct. 3,
2008, Vice Presidential Debate, St. Louis, MO)

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I don't know if the corrupt gov't will raise the taxes this admin but we can be sure that the printing presses will continue to crank out more and more money not backed up with much. And China---I imagine that someday she's going to not continue investing in this country. So, it's really the same, EITHER way: whether the gov't raises taxes or whether the gov't keeps on printing more paper money. We're screwed. There's already serious talk about going to euros as the oil currency. Pretty soon, MEXICO will probably have a stronger economy than US?

C-bus Biker

Reaction score
Visit site
Of course the obvious answer is to tax the suppliers/manufacturers of services and goods, passing along higher prices to the consumer and masking the taxes. I'm sick. Truly sick.