noob puig windscreen question

Superbuddha14

Reaction score
Visit site
Does the strip for the puig windscreen need to be attached? What's the purpose of it? I currently have it on but looks funky to me. Sorry for the noob question

crabby117

Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmmm. I didn't think it looked funky. My screen is dark smoke. YMMV. Probably just softens the edge of the shield. I don't remember if the edge was rough. You don't have to put it on if you don't want.

crabby117

Reaction score
Visit site
I just remember it was a biyotch to get on, so I left it. I don't really think it has any significant aeordynamic or hydrodynamic (rain?) purpose.

pharmer

Reaction score
Visit site
I left the strip off of mine. It looks fine to me, and there doesn't seem to be any weird wind noise or anything caused by leaving it off.

I like my Puig...hope yours works out too.

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
When I took the screen out of the bag it came in, the strip feel out and disappeared...haven't seen it since! That being said, I never even thought about it until I read this thread. I don't think it does anything other than maybe offering some sort of safety factor in a crash? I've never missed it, mine is excellent as is. Good choice of screen mod.

adavi491

Reaction score
Visit site
i got mine on... was a pain to put on. I thought the edge of the screen was sharp and could hurt in a crash....

may keep from cutting your throat open if in a crash....... just a guess

towa

Papa Smurf
Reaction score
Visit site
I remember to have read somewhere that it "break" the airflow - and reduce turbulence. However You can order rim that looks cooler...

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it makes it look "finished". I have the dark smoke screen as well and like the looks of the edging.