Noob mistake..

curtis0432

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I just got an FZ6 a week ago and i LOVE it! This was the first time I took of the seat. When i put it back on I put it back in incorrectly. Now I cant seem to get it back off. What I did was i slid the seat back on and pressed down and heard a click. Then i noticed that the didn't look like it was on right so i tried turning the key to unlock the seat, the key wouldn't turn the lock cylinder.
IS there a way that i can get it off without breaking something and put it back on correctly?

Thanks,

Curtis

Last edited:

lghtmgr

Reaction score
Visit site
it might be that it because it is not installed correctly that there is pressure on the latch, enough so the lock wont turn easy, Try pushing down on the seat above the latch and turning the key at the same time.

JC>

zi3jermyn

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you got it sorted out.

Also, just as a tip, if you are taking off the seat to adjust the preload on rear shock, make sure you take the key out of the lock before you do it. Otherwise, you may slip, hit the key, and bend it at a 45 degree angle, not that i'm speaking from experience or anything. :spank:

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site

Also, just as a tip, if you are taking off the seat to adjust the preload on rear shock, make sure you take the key out of the lock before you do it. Otherwise, you may slip, hit the key, and bend it at a 45 degree angle, not that i'm speaking from experience or anything. :spank:

My husband just admitted to bending the key on my FZ when he adjusted the preload on my rear shock. He is "Macgyver" for real so I was really surprised he did that. Good advice for everyone. Thanks!!!

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site

Oh yeah I haven't done that either...

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Any mistake that can be fixed without costing money is just a mistake. Now if you f up and ruin something that will cost you-that's a noob mistake.

I thought I was the only one who bent the key ;)