Non0Integrated LED Tail Light

Qwibby

Scarlet
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd like to keep my factory turn signals, however shortened and upgrade, but would like to use an LED tail light as well, I searched and didnt find any 100% info on a taillight thats all brake light and not split.

I thought about not hooking up the turn signals to an integrated one, but then wouldnt you only be using some of the leds?

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd like to keep my factory turn signals, however shortened and upgrade, but would like to use an LED tail light as well, I searched and didnt find any 100% info on a taillight thats all brake light and not split.

I thought about not hooking up the turn signals to an integrated one, but then wouldnt you only be using some of the leds?

Why not use an integrated light AND the factory ones, surely it's possible :)

Qwibby

Scarlet
Reaction score
Visit site
Why not use an integrated light AND the factory ones, surely it's possible :)

I'd rather keep them separate, I have seen videos of integrated taillights and I was unimpressed. Unless you have seen one that is great

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd rather keep them separate, I have seen videos of integrated taillights and I was unimpressed. Unless you have seen one that is great

Haven't looked specifically to be honest - just the way I see it is the more light showing you're indicating the better. I'm not seen by cage drivers at the best of times! More light never hurts ;)

Good luck! :thumbup:

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
I'd have to crunch some numbers and find the parts, but I still have quite a few DIY kits for LED tails. Same kit can be setup integrated or non-integrated. The non-integrated version uses 96 of the brightest damn LED's I've ever used.
I'm at work, I'll have pics of it installed when I get home in ~ 6 hours.

soupflakes

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I just ordered a new Motodynamic integrated taillight AND the2wheels integrated turn signals, and I'm going to under go the task of wiring them ALL together so that I have both the taillight and turn signals be brake lights and turn signals. If it works it's going to be sweet. (First I have to buy a new bike though.... lol)

Qwibby

Scarlet
Reaction score
Visit site
I love the moto dynamic light. I like the safety flashes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Spider 007

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I just ordered a new Motodynamic integrated taillight AND the2wheels integrated turn signals, and I'm going to under go the task of wiring them ALL together so that I have both the taillight and turn signals be brake lights and turn signals.

That's what I bought too and the last bits came in last week. :thumbup:

I haven't installed it on the bike yet, but I got it all wired up and it's not a hard thing to do as long as you are ready to splice into wires... I figured it was easier to do all the wiring BEFORE I install everything on the bike plus I also need to finish the custom FE that will hold the turn signals in place.

It's winter here right now, so I have to get the bike out of storage before I can get it all on... hopefully I will find the time to finish the FE and put it on the bike sometime this week. I'll try to post pics/vids once it's all done.

Edit: I found this video in another thread of the exact same setup:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le02EojdNSk]fz6 integrated turn signals/brake lights - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an intergrated taillight. Several friends who have been behind me have commented that it is hard to see when my signal is on during daylight hours. I'm adding led turn signals to the back as well. Just ordered them today.

Qwibby

Scarlet
Reaction score
Visit site
I read under the assumption that the motodynamic light was pretty much plug and play.. Is it not our are you referring to making you're own turn signals

Sent from my Samsung Skyrocket

Spider 007

Reaction score
Visit site
The motodynamic light IS plug and play. You only need to unplug original tail light and turn signals and plug in the motodynamic tail light.

The turn stalks, on the other hand, are not. For these you will need to splice into wires and connect them. There are 5 wires for each side so it's not that complicated once you've figured out which wire does what...

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
That is the only change. Also the Motodynamic tail light does not use different LEDs for turn signals and rear lights. It uses the same ones, they just change color so if you choose not to connect up the turn signals you will still have full brightness tail light/brake lights.

Spider 007

Reaction score
Visit site
That's only if I change them though right?

It depends what setup you want.

What requires splicing wires is when your setup doubles some (or all) of the light functions, because the Motodynamic tail light isn't built for that.

If you just use the original turn signals and the Motodynamic light only as a brake light, you won't need to splice wires. Same goes if you only use the turn signals in the Motodynamic light without any other signals. Wire splicing is required only if you want the full function of the Motodynamic light with any other type of turn signals. You'll be splicing 2 wires if it's only a turn signal, and 5 if it's a brake/running/turn combo.

I hope this isn't too confusing... ;)

Spider 007

Reaction score
Visit site
In that case you'll be fine. Just leave the turn signals alone and plug the big connector of the Motodynamics light where your original tail light used to be and you'll be all set!
:thumbup:

TTdv

Reaction score
Visit site
That's what I bought too and the last bits came in last week. :thumbup:

I haven't installed it on the bike yet, but I got it all wired up and it's not a hard thing to do as long as you are ready to splice into wires... I figured it was easier to do all the wiring BEFORE I install everything on the bike plus I also need to finish the custom FE that will hold the turn signals in place.

It's winter here right now, so I have to get the bike out of storage before I can get it all on... hopefully I will find the time to finish the FE and put it on the bike sometime this week. I'll try to post pics/vids once it's all done.

Edit: I found this video in another thread of the exact same setup:
fz6 integrated turn signals/brake lights - YouTube

Nice combination.

Where can i get these turn signals?

Last edited: