No longer an FZ6 owner.

lastlaugh

Reaction score
Visit site
I sold my 2007 Fz6 last week after owning it for about 18 months. It was a great first bike and was great to learn on but still had enough umph to keep me interested once I got some time in the saddle. The new ride is a 2009 Triumph Street Triple R. Found it while browsing Craigslist, it was only 60 miles away and had 150 miles on it. That's right, ONE HUNDRED FIFTY! The price was right and I had a buyer for my Yamaha already lined up.

The Triumph is a great machine, flatter powerband than the FZ but the HP is rated the same. With only 150 miles its still not broken in so I have yet to really put it through it's paces.

I was looking for something with similar power and styling to the FZ, but with a more aggressive, fully adjustable suspension and the STR is it. The fit and finish is also more upscale compared to the FZ, as most Euro bikes are. I guess that's why I paid almost double what I paid for the Yamaha!

I want to thank all the members here that helped me over the last year and a half. I used this site a lot in upgrading the suspension on my FZ and converting it to a naked bike. Thanks everyone!

Here's a little eye candy from my inaugural ride on the STR!
IMG_20121110_112609_723.jpg

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Dang I hate you...:BLAA: That's a dad azzz bike...:rockon:

Ride safe, and keep your front wheel down.:thumbup:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice, I made the exact same move in 2009. Great bike. Look into the recall on the Regulator/Rectifier. If it hasn't been replaced, get it taken care of or you might end up on the side of the road with no charging system.:spank:

Why is your seat off?

I added the body colored wind screen which helped a bit with the wind at highway speed. You still get hit in the chest pretty good, but it's less turbulent.:thumbup:

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
How do you like it??? I've got my eye on the Speed Triple R for next year (after I turn 25 and insurance goes down :rockon:)

They are sexy bikes dude, congrats!!

lastlaugh

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice, I made the exact same move in 2009. Great bike. Look into the recall on the Regulator/Rectifier. If it hasn't been replaced, get it taken care of or you might end up on the side of the road with no charging system.:spank:

Why is your seat off?

I added the body colored wind screen which helped a bit with the wind at highway speed. You still get hit in the chest pretty good, but it's less turbulent.:thumbup:

That's why my seat is off! I was on my way home and about 25 miles to go, the engine cut out. At first I thought the battery went bad, it had been sitting for 2+ years with no tender and took a few tries to start before I set out. I then had to bump start it after a fuel stop. I talked to a friend that had a Daytona 675, and after talking to him I'm sure that the R/R is the problem. I did recharge the battery and it runs fine now. Already made the appointment with the dealer to get the recall fixed.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
That's why my seat is off! I was on my way home and about 25 miles to go, the engine cut out. At first I thought the battery went bad, it had been sitting for 2+ years with no tender and took a few tries to start before I set out. I then had to bump start it after a fuel stop. I talked to a friend that had a Daytona 675, and after talking to him I'm sure that the R/R is the problem. I did recharge the battery and it runs fine now. Already made the appointment with the dealer to get the recall fixed.

It wouldn't start back up if the R/R had gone bad. A battery that has been sitting for 2 years without a tender on it is likely going bad. I'd get it replaced if you get a R/R put on too. They should also inspect the output of your stator as the R/R has been known to kill the stator on it's way out.