No CAT on my 06?

Gcontroller

Reaction score
Visit site
So I got a new Leo Vince system for my 06. Started looking at my bike and realized there is no CAT on it. Then I realized that where the CAT should be mounted (bolted on segment) under the bike at the main header collector there is a welded section of pipe that extends to the last segment of pipe just after where it should mount to the frame. Which mine isn't. But It fits perfect. From there it hits the stock section again which leads back to the cans that I am trying to replace.

So for the last 30,000 miles I never realized I didn't have a CAT. And now I am worried that my new LEO's won't fit. And I have a 07 swingarm that I want to install but after this discovery I'll have to drop the headers to do so. Dammm!!!

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Can you post a pic? Doesn't have to be perfect, a cell phone shot would do. I'm having a tough time visualizing this for some reason. lol

youngy

Reaction score
Visit site
can't really understand your description but the cat is fitted in the vertical pipe under the seat area.

Gcontroller

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a pic of what I am talking about. The segment of pipe actually fits good the CAT is gone. Bike is filthy from riding on the wet roads we had in So Cal recently. Shopping for a new header at the moment rather then cutting the segment out.

1078788878_8aMA7-XL.jpg

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a pic of what I am talking about. The segment of pipe actually fits good the CAT is gone. Bike is filthy from riding on the wet roads we had in So Cal recently. Shopping for a new header at the moment rather then cutting the segment out.

1078788878_8aMA7-XL.jpg

I would cut the cat pipe and add in a bolt-in section. It'd be a lot cheaper than a new header.

Something like this
Maremont/2 1/2 in. o.d. to 2 1/4 in. i.d. x 9 1/2 in. overall length clamped reducing adapter line (548812) | Exhaust Pipe and Adapter | AutoZone.com

It would fit inside the header, and over the cat eliminator.

spc mike

Reaction score
Visit site
Ya, from the looks of the picture someone just went to their local exhaust shop and had them weld a strait piece of galvanized exhaust tubing in there to get rid of the cat. However they screwed up by welding the pipe strait to the header. You might try and cut the pipe about 3 inches above the weld to see if they actually cut the header itself. If not you can grind the weld smooth to take off the piece of galvanized pipe thats left and all you need to buy is the mid pipe with cat. I have seen the mid pipes on ebay for like 50.00.

Gcontroller

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a complete new Leo system I want to mount so I have all the pipes already. Just not sure I want to go cutting and grinding. Got a line on a used 04 header for cheap just gotta see If I can get it.

Gcontroller

Reaction score
Visit site
Doesn't the Leo system have a cat-bypass pipe anyway? Or is that an option?

I applaud your "green-ness" for wanting the CAT back in there! :thumbup:

partimage.gifx

https://www.leovinceusa.com/schematics/large/DT-7155A.pdf

On my bike Part #6 in the drawing is welded to the front headers no bolts or clamps and the cat is gone. There is just a curved piece of pipe there that extends back to part #11 which also does not mount to the frame as is showed in the drawings but mounts to the last segment of pipe as it leads into the silencer. Solid mount I may say but not stock.

It's just one piece of pipe kinda nice really I don't want a CAT. My problem is mounting my LEO Vince system which has two segments of pipe in place of the welded piece which my bike has. I think lining the Leos will be a PIA as it's already been posted but even more since I can't move the welded on segment at all to line up the pipes.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
You could look for some cheap headers on Ebay, then fit your Leos to those and sell the whole welded system as a "stealth performance system". :BLAA: Maybe even drill the baffles on the stock can. That'd definitely increase the flow and sound. I noticed a massive difference in my exhaust when I bypassed the Cat - I've got quite an airbox mod too though.

Gcontroller

Reaction score
Visit site
You could look for some cheap headers on Ebay, then fit your Leos to those and sell the whole welded system as a "stealth performance system". :BLAA: Maybe even drill the baffles on the stock can. That'd definitely increase the flow and sound. I noticed a massive difference in my exhaust when I bypassed the Cat - I've got quite an airbox mod too though.

I just picked one up off Ebay for $50.39 shipped. So hopefully I'll get my Leos on by next weekend.

I'll put my old set up for sale. Hopefully I can get something for it.