Ninja carb question

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
2001, 250cc Ninja, customers bike (POS), 2,600 miles.

Needed carbs cleaned and lots of crap cleaned from the tank some other maintenance items.. Carbs/tank cleaned, waiting on new bowl o-rings.

**Question: Part # 92059C is missing;
Kawasaki Motorcycle Parts 2001 EX250-F15 Ninja 250R CARBURETOR Diagram

The T fitting (92005a) is still in between the carbs. The stock air box is long gone. I believe this is just an extension for venting the carbs as its super tight in there and that T fitting is very, very thin.

Can anyone confirm?

Tks ahead of time

The_Paragon

Thats right, Paragon!
Reaction score
Visit site
Yepp! its a pretty standard carb vent. It vents the bowl and a couple other spots that's important to keep at atmospheric pressure.

The line that comes off of it is pretty important too! Usually the line goes to a spot on the motorcycle that doesn't see a lot of wind. On my fiancée's previous bike, a Suzi GS500 It went back to a spot near the battery box that was sheltered.

If you leave the line off and that little "T" just sitting in the open, it can create a vacuum or a positive pressure in the carb bowls while the bike is moving.. that would really mess with the way it runs!

Per the description: 92059C TUBE,6.5X9.5X500
Its 500mm long (~20inches) so it probably vented rearward toward the seat somewhere..

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yepp! its a pretty standard carb vent. It vents the bowl and a couple other spots that's important to keep at atmospheric pressure.

The line that comes off of it is pretty important too! Usually the line goes to a spot on the motorcycle that doesn't see a lot of wind. On my fiancée's previous bike, a Suzi GS500 It went back to a spot near the battery box that was sheltered.

If you leave the line off and that little "T" just sitting in the open, it can create a vacuum or a positive pressure in the carb bowls while the bike is moving.. that would really mess with the way it runs!

Per the description: 92059C TUBE,6.5X9.5X500
Its 500mm long (~20inches) so it probably vented rearward toward the seat somewhere..

Thank you!!

Yep I saw that other tube and that T is SUPER thin. With the air box gone, I didn't know if it attached there or not.

I'll have him PU that tube as well!! Thank you!!!

(The tube is being ordered right now!)

Last edited:

The_Paragon

Thats right, Paragon!
Reaction score
Visit site
No prob...

Idk if Kawi is anything like Yamaha with their parts prices... If it were a piece of tubing from Yamaha it would cost a couple gazillion dollars.

But any piece of tubing that you can fit on that "T" should work.. so long as you route it somewhere that its out of the wind.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
No prob...

Idk if Kawi is anything like Yamaha with their parts prices... If it were a piece of tubing from Yamaha it would cost a couple gazillion dollars.

But any piece of tubing that you can fit on that "T" should work.. so long as you route it somewhere that its out of the wind.

Yep, its $13.00 on Partzilla but its extremely tight in there with another small vacuum line right next to it..Finding something that thin would be an issue..

The PO put separate K&N individual (out in the open) air filters on it so its very open back there.

Both the carb and tank had a BUNCH of speckles of crap in them. The inside of the tank is NOW spotless and looks new inside after flushing 6 times. Being a customers bike, its getting the correct tube on it. Its not worth a "come back" with drive-ability issues at speed ...

This customer is just going to clean it up (re-paint-its sooooo ugly) and sell it.

As a side note, he saw my FZ and fell in love and wants it... He looked it up on-line and our FZ's were second overall for used bikes (I guess mid sized bikes). And their pretty rare around here...

Last edited:

The_Paragon

Thats right, Paragon!
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, its $13.00 on Partzilla but its extremely tight in there with another small vacuum line right next to it..Finding something that thin would be an issue..

The PO put separate K&N individual (out in the open) air filters on it so its very open back there.

Both the carb and tank had a BUNCH of speckles of crap in them. The inside of the tank is NOW spotless and looks new inside after flushing 6 times. Being a customers bike, its getting the correct tube on it. Its not worth a "come back" with drive-ability issues at speed ...

This customer is just going to clean it up (re-paint-its sooooo ugly) and sell it.

As a side note, he saw my FZ and fell in love and wants it... He looked it up on-line and our FZ's were second overall for used bikes (I guess mid sized bikes). And their pretty rare around here...

True true,,, when its a cusomers stuff, definitely worth getting the right stuff on there.

Up here in WI there's usually a handful of them on craigslist at any one time, and for cheap.