night curving, dark road..... help

gusss

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been doing some knight riding on a curved road, and the projector retrofit I've done is the best.....
When going in a straight line!

when going in a straight line, a clear horizontal cut-off line is there, but when leaning the bike on the curves, this cut-off line hits the floor, and the upcomming curve is in complete darkness....
I know have to slow down... can't see anything!
I could have gone faster if I just so the way....

I was thinking on puting some slim fog lights attached just under the headlights, pointing obviosly higher and out......(just to be turned on when riding on curved road)

any thoughts?
anybody experiencing the same?

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been doing some knight riding on a curved road, and the projector retrofit I've done is the best.....
When going in a straight line!

when going in a straight line, a clear horizontal cut-off line is there, but when leaning the bike on the curves, this cut-off line hits the floor, and the upcomming curve is in complete darkness....
I know have to slow down... can't see anything!
I could have gone faster if I just so the way....

I was thinking on puting some slim fog lights attached just under the headlights, pointing obviosly higher and out......(just to be turned on when riding on curved road)

any thoughts?
anybody experiencing the same?

No, not experiencing the same. Not many of us will to be honest. Not all of us can Knight Ride.

hoff-knight-rider-mustang.jpg

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Why not ride with the high beams on? Also, how 'wide' do you have the light pattern from your projectors set up? If you need to add additional lighting to illuminate the turns when you are banked over at speed:

You are going to fast in the dark..... animals, pedestrians, debris (boulders, trees) may arrive before you can react. Over driving your sight lines is one of the classic blunders. Don't ride faster than you can stop, in the space you can see.

If you do add more lights, add lights with round projectors... no matter what angle they are at, you still get the same shape pattern from them. The projectors with the cut off simulate a rectangular lens, in that regard.

gusss

Reaction score
Visit site
Why not ride with the high beams on? Also, how 'wide' do you have the light pattern from your projectors set up? If you need to add additional lighting to illuminate the turns when you are banked over at speed:

You are going to fast in the dark..... animals, pedestrians, debris (boulders, trees) may arrive before you can react. Over driving your sight lines is one of the classic blunders. Don't ride faster than you can stop, in the space you can see.

If you do add more lights, add lights with round projectors... no matter what angle they are at, you still get the same shape pattern from them. The projectors with the cut off simulate a rectangular lens, in that regard.

hi beams are much better! but not enough!!!!
I guess I just try with the fog lamps aiming high and out

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is how i "Knight ride"!!!! on the "Hoffmobile"!!!

View attachment 25802

:eek::eek::spank::spank::ban:

Bjut seriously, high beam? check your headlight adjustment....i do a fair bit of night riding, and have always found the FZ6 headlight very good!

:thumbup:

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have noticed this also,but only on very sharp corners.The cut off is very straight.
Hi-beam does help a lot ,but I don't ride fast in the dark anyways.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking on puting some slim fog lights attached just under the headlights, pointing obviosly higher and out......

Fog lights also have very sharp upper cutoff. You will need a pencil beam or driving light.
I totally understand your plight. I have the same problem (lots of canyons here), and if I ride slow enough to lean the bike enough to reduce the problem, I would be riding too slow and could get rear ended.
I haven't done this yet, but I believe that a good driving beam may alleviate your issue.