Newbie in Miami FL in need of your help!

CdnMedic

Reaction score
Visit site
That GMax is the same helmet I'm getting as well. I've tried on many different brands of helmets and GMax is the only ones that I feel fit me properly and that is the main reason why I buy them is that I know they are comfortable for me and not distracting. It took me over an hour to find my first helmet as to what fit and what didn't. The LED function is another great reason for that helmet, I am a little worried of not being seen!

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
I ended up with Swift Shoes, Cortech jacket, and an Xpeed and O'Neal racing helment. Got a few pair of gloves, two for summer and one for winter. Also got some riding pants with armor. Sales were a big factor for me as I was working on a limited budget.

Don't forget rain gear.

The big thing is to make sure it all fits the way it is supposed to and it affords the proper protection.

Good luck on the gear purchases.

Manijoe

Reaction score
Visit site
I ended up with Swift Shoes, Cortech jacket, and an Xpeed and O'Neal racing helment. Got a few pair of gloves, two for summer and one for winter. Also got some riding pants with armor. Sales were a big factor for me as I was working on a limited budget.

Don't forget rain gear.

The big thing is to make sure it all fits the way it is supposed to and it affords the proper protection.

Good luck on the gear purchases.

Thanks again guys you have been a real help.

Next off is gloves but for that I will just go to a store and get whatever fits well. In terms of footwear and pants ill be holding off due to $$$$ but the shift jeans have caught my attention as well as these Shift Fuel Street Shoes:

2009_Shift_Racing_Fuel_Street_Shoes.jpg

Both items are less than $100 so the are appealing to my budget :rockon:.

Any feedback on any of theses items is greatly appreciated :Flash:

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Also check out webBikeWorld for comparison tests between two brands you are considering. The excellent ventilation in the scorpion helmet is what made me buy it. Also I have the joe rocket Phoenix 2.0 and I have never crash tested the armour but the mesh is perfect for hot florida summers!