New World's Record For Motorcycle Jump

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
it was a very impressive jump.... twice...

Although i found it to lack somewhat of a sense of danger with the jump.

maybe it was more intense in real life.

J

jsteinb95

it was a very impressive jump.... twice...

Although i found it to lack somewhat of a sense of danger with the jump.

maybe it was more intense in real life.

lol....yeah.

It was very smooth though.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
maybe the 2nd trip to the jump paired with the smoothness and lack of near sure death that detracted from the entertainment for me, i have been trying to figure it out since i saw it last night...

H

HavBlue

Just a thought but how do they measure this? Seems as though he left the ramp after passing through the goalpost on one end and landed well before the post on the other end. Post to post heads up would be 330' while the field is 300'.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a thought but how do they measure this? Seems as though he left the ramp after passing through the goalpost on one end and landed well before the post on the other end. Post to post heads up would be 330' while the field is 300'.

they use camera's to determine the point that the bike leaves the takeoff ramp and becomes airborn and then the same process on the landing. they showed them measuring last night after the jump, they have measurement marks already on there.

H

HavBlue

I got to see it live... He made it look effortless.:rockon: Good Job! Evil Knievel would be in denial...

Considering the bike that was used had twice the suspension travel and half the weight some how I don't think so. Rather, I think Evil would be asking him to try it again with an XR750.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh hell no.. Not that tank.:D I know I wouldn't jump a curb with it. I'd like to see Evil try it on the XR... GET THE MEDICS READY.

Would the XR even go 100 mph to clear the jump? Let alone land it...

Probably no, but that was the danger and excitement of the stunts of that era, Build a big a$$ jump and hit it with a heavy, ill equiped bike and see how far you could get, notn of this calculated risk BS...

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man,some of you blokes are hard to please.;)
+1 No matter how you look as it calculated risk or not. For the average joe its gona be one hell of an adrenaline fulled arse puckering moments of your life.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 No matter how you look as it calculated risk or not. For the average joe its gona be one hell of an adrenaline fulled arse puckering moments of your life.

there is no doubt that if you put me on that bike and launched me that far, my a$$ would be so puckered to that seat that i would not need to worry about falling off.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
there is no doubt that if you put me on that bike and launched me that far, my a$$ would be so puckered to that seat that i would not need to worry about falling off.
LMAO, will I would have if the pucker had not stuck me to the seat lol