New Windscreen, Question

kpaul

The Great Destroyer
Reaction score
www.xbox.com
Got the Puig Black Racing Windscreen last night and popped it in. Easiest "mod" ever.

4864574072_3d92ba276a_z.jpg

My old clear one actually ended up getting pretty badly scuffed when I cleaned it with a brillo pad without thinking. :confused: Any ideas on how to make this clear again? I've been thinking about getting a gopro camera and would like to use a tank mount and see through the windscreen. Obviously the black one makes this impossible and the clear one just isn't clear enough to stand up to 720p scrutiny. :) Thanks.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You could try Autosol :thumbup:
1973879_autosol-metallpolish.jpg
its about all i can think off that will get fine scratches out of perspex.... Mate of mine did the screen on his Valkyrie & it came out OK...... But i would try it on something similar first , just to be safe ;)

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd recommend that you wet sand it with 1500-2000 grit paper. If the scratches are deep, you might have to begin with a more coarse paper. After this, the screen will look pretty messed up, but don't worry. Now you have to rub it with either Autosol or some other rubbing compound. Use a polishing machine when you do this. After you have rubbed it, it's necessary to polish it, preferably with a polishing machine for this job too. You just use water and a dash of soap to avoid any heat issues when you polish, which isn't a good thing. When that is all done, you finish the job by polishing it with a suitable polish compound.

Hope this helps:thumbup: