New underwear please!

lurch676

Reaction score
Visit site
So I've been getting to grips with controlling the front end under hard acceleration... wheelies in essence.
I'm one of these riders that would rather know what to do if i ever get into that situation on the road, so i practise slides, endo's, and wheelies etc on private land with crash bungs etc on my cbr600f.

Well today I'm sat at the traffic lights (on red) when this truck comes barreling up behind me, either he hadn't seen the red light or just didn't care. I was literally about to be obliterated by this MAN quarry truck.

Check all the entries to the junction, rev up and drop the clutch, little front wheel wobble and change gear into second later than usual (I ride around town and usually always change before 4k), then I realise the front wheel is coming up to greet me. This is exactly the reason I practise. Instead of slamming the clutch or brake on, I slowed off the rev's a little and the front wheel dropped slowly back down again.
Then the back wheel span as I re-accelerated and i gave everyone around me a nice little show.

Kept it steady, pulled into the layby up the road for a calm down cigarette, and that friggin truck barreled past me so close that the wind sucked my elbow out a bit! I'm not even sure he'd noticed me, he'd forced us both to jump a red light, and carried on oblivious...some drivers!

Wow. Good job being aware of your surroundings! They really area all out to kill us. Ride on! Be Safe.

Cheers FIZZER6, yeah i like to keep my eyes open. dont care about hearing things as i'm deaf in one ear anyway and can't hear anything through my helmet, so headphones lol, so I'm ALWAYS checking about and keeping my spacial awareness up lol. bloody massive cagers feel invincible.

Are there video cameras at that intersection? If so, I'd call the police and try to get that criminal off the road.

my physio was talking about a similar accident a client of her's was in, only he was in a big range rover. A lorry hit him at full speed as he was stopped at some lights. His car was shortened by at least a metre, and the front crushed by the car in front. On a bike you would stand no chance

So I've been getting to grips with controlling the front end under hard acceleration... wheelies in essence.
I'm one of these riders that would rather know what to do if i ever get into that situation on the road, so i practise slides, endo's, and wheelies etc on private land with crash bungs etc on my cbr600f.

Well today I'm sat at the traffic lights (on red) when this truck comes barreling up behind me, either he hadn't seen the red light or just didn't care. I was literally about to be obliterated by this MAN quarry truck.

Check all the entries to the junction, rev up and drop the clutch, little front wheel wobble and change gear into second later than usual (I ride around town and usually always change before 4k), then I realise the front wheel is coming up to greet me. This is exactly the reason I practise. Instead of slamming the clutch or brake on, I slowed off the rev's a little and the front wheel dropped slowly back down again.
Then the back wheel span as I re-accelerated and i gave everyone around me a nice little show.

Kept it steady, pulled into the layby up the road for a calm down cigarette, and that friggin truck barreled past me so close that the wind sucked my elbow out a bit! I'm not even sure he'd noticed me, he'd forced us both to jump a red light, and carried on oblivious...some drivers!

Sounds like you narrowly escaped yet another meth-driver! Glad you're safe!

Back